Grant Stavaraks: Future Crime Fighter

Name: Grant Stavaraks

Age: 19

Hometown: Denver, Colorado

Major: Criminology

Relationship Status: Taken

Involvements: Water Polo Team, ΛAE

Her Campus (HC): What got you into your major?

Grant Stavaraks (GS): Crime isn’t stopping anytime soon. So there’s always a job available. I want to be a US Marshal.

HC: What do you love most about the Water Polo team and your teammates?

GS: We work hard and make sure that we all do our best and help each other out during practice and outside of water polo. It’s a brotherhood really. The water polo house is awesome. It’s a place where the teams meet and discuss plays and watches game film. We will have meetings about upcoming events and what’s going on with tournaments and philanthropy for polo.  

HC: How did you meet your girlfriend?

GS: Tinder.

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush?

GS: Jennifer Aniston.

HC: Same. What qualities do you look for in a girl?

GS: I look for a girl who has sass and isn’t afraid to speak her mind. Someone cute and athletic. Someone who can be herself around me, likes to have fun, and has a good sense of humor.

HC: What’s your best joke?

GS: Why couldn’t the toilet paper cross the road? It was stuck in a crack.

HC: What’s the biggest change you’ve noticed moving from Colorado to Florida?

GS: Colorado is dry and sunny 300 days out of the year. The scenic views are beautiful and the skiing is amazing. But the people weren’t my favorite. I wanted to get a new look on life and see something new instead of the same old thing everyday. Florida is humid and although it’s called the sunshine state, I don’t always see the sun. I like being at sea level here; it is much easier to breathe. I love the people out here, they have a motive to go out and do something, instead of stay inside and do nothing all day. FSU is great and I couldn’t imagine going anywhere else for school.

Her Campus at Florida State University.