Going Places with Andrew Greenberg

Name: Andrew Greenberg

Hometown: Longwood, FL

Year: Junior

Major: Advertising

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus (HC): What’s it like being an RA?

Andrew Greenberg (AG): No day is the same as a Resident Assistant! I have loved my experience working as a RA on campus. I’ve had the opportunity to get to know incredible residents and an awesome family of staff members.

HC: Where did you grow up?

AG: I grew up in Longwood, which is about 20 minutes outside of Orlando. It was a great combination between city life and a simple suburban environment.

HC: You’ve traveled a lot. What’s the best trip you’ve ever been on?

AG: This past December I traveled to Israel – #JewishBoyProblems – it was a blast and I enjoyed seeing the country and making a lot of new friends.

HC: Where would you like to travel to next, if given the opportunity?

AG: I would love to visit Japan. I’ve traveled throughout Europe, but I haven’t had the chance to spend time in any Asian countries. I’m obsessed with Japanese food and would love to try the authentic cuisine and distinct culture of Japan.

HC: What’s your favorite experience as a student here at FSU?

AG: I spent last summer on Study Abroad in Florence, Italy. It was a nice break from the Tallahassee atmosphere and I met an amazing group of friends and roommates. I enjoyed getting to know the city and trying all of the delicious food. I’m grateful Florida State has such great international programs; it was definitely a highlight of my FSU experience.

HC: What do you hope to do with your major?

AG: I hope to work for a major television network in marketing and brand strategy. I am fascinated with how content is developed, especially television and the changing landscape of TV with the rise of digital. I would love to one day be the president of a television network!

HC: What are your plans for summer?

AG: I am interning with the marketing team at Bravo! in New York—come visit me!

HC: What do you look for in a relationship?

AG: I look for someone that can make me laugh with a positive attitude and future goals in life. I enjoy others with genuine passions that I can learn from in life.

HC: Any advice for incoming Seminoles?

AG: Take every opportunity presented to you and create meaningful and quality connections with others. Realize the importance of balancing academic work, school activities and professional experiences to cultivate a Seminole legacy.

HC: If you could meet any one person, living or dead, who would it be?

AG: Every night in high school I used to watch Larry King because he was so boring and I needed something to fall asleep to. Later on, I actually started to enjoy watching his show. He has interviewed a lot of fascinating people and I would love to meet him in person.

HC: What’s your guilty pleasure?

AG: Peanut butter cup perfection ice cream from Cold Stone!     

HC: What are the best places to eat in Tallahassee?

AG: Paisley’s Café for Breakfast, Madison Social for Lunch, and Masa for Dinner.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

AG: Although Tallahassee is no beach bum’s paradise, I love going to the beach when I’m home. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, reading a great book or hanging outside.

HC: What trait do you value most in other people?

AG: Sincerity is really important to me. People naturally match popular opinions, but living with meaning means being honest with everyone.

HC: Do you have a favorite quote or motto?

AG: “I got 99 problems, but being fun isn’t one.”

Staff Writer for Her Campus FSU. Caitlin is a Senior and is currently majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media and working towards a minor in Communications. She enjoys reading in her spare time, and is passionate about art, music, politics, and food.
Her Campus at Florida State University.