FSU Vs. UM Game Day as Told by the Seminoles

FSU students, families, faculty, alum and even those pesky Miami fans came together on Saturday at Doak Campbell Stadium for the FSU vs. UM football game. What went down as one of the best rivalries thus far lasted much longer than four quarters; the all-day events had FSU winning on and off the field. 

Setting an alarm for early in the morning… even though the game was for 8 p.m. Can’t miss tailgating for the best game of the year! 

Going to Brooklyn Water Bagels to fuel your body for the day (Momo’s, Chipotle or Pub subs would suffice).

Listening to the war chant on repeat. This doubles as an apology to my roommates and neighbors.

Finding the perfect game day outfit: just the right combo of garnet and gold.

Finally catching a ride to Heritage (shoutout to pledge rides).

Making sure to stick your head out the window and do the chop all the way there. Especially if the car next to you is full of Miami fans. 

You couldn’t be more excited frat-hopping the day away, even if the floor looked like this.

Walking to the stadium in a sea of garnet and gold felt like this.

Seeing Renegade and Osceola totally got you pumped for the game (and you got the perfect Snapchat of it).

Celebrating our first touchdown!

Having to buy a $4 bottle of water because you’re screaming so much.

Finally finding the Garnet and Gold Boys and taking the perfect Insta pic.

Fourth quarter had us like…

Sweet, sweet victory. But if you were to ask any of us, we could’ve predicted that from the beginning. 

Taylor is a sophomore at the Florida State University. She enjoys Thai food, sunshine and when guac doesn’t cost extra. If you can’t find her around campus she is most likely in bed watching Parks and Rec on repeat. She is on the eternal search for the indie bearded Chuck Bass & is currently accepting applications. She has (finally) chosen to pursue a degree in Editing, Writing, and Media!!
Her Campus at Florida State University.