Style > Beauty

Five Sephora Products I Won’t Be Buying Again

Even though I don’t like to admit it, I’m easily influenced by social media trends, especially ones on Tik Tok. Every time I see the next “greatest” makeup or skin care product, I rush out the door to buy it before it flies off the shelves. However, not every trendy new product is worth the hype. Here’s five Sephora products I won’t be repurchasing.

Charlotte Tilbury products have been in demand lately, to say the least. For months I’ve been waiting to get my hands on the Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Light Wand. It’s a mixture of liquid blush and liquid highlighter. I’ve seen numerous videos online complaining about how the product’s tube is all air, which is accurate. The product is great, but not worth the steep price of $40. I think I’ll just stick to my free Milk Makeup Blush Stick that Sephora had as one of their birthday rewards.

@katiehub.org

also don’t worry i’m going to reseal it so i dont waste it HAHA #fyp #charlottetilbury #makeup

♬ Monkeys Spinning Monkeys – Kevin MacLeod & Kevin The Monkey

As someone with heat-damaged hair, I’m always looking for new ways to heal my split ends. After seeing so much buzz about K18 Biomimetic Hairscience (a haircare line carried at Sephora) being great for damaged hair, I decided to give it a shot. I bought the K18 leave-in molecular hair mask. I was hesitant to make the purchase, as the small, 0.5 oz bottle is $29. The package claims the mask will give you “hair like new in four minutes.” After using the product, my hair felt nice, but there was no noticeable difference. Although I have only used the mask once, I don’t think I’ll be purchasing the hair mask again.

After years of using NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, I think my current NARS concealer tube is going to be my last one. The concealer is great, especially on acne-prone skin. It covers blemishes well without making my skin appear cakey. The only downside of the concealer is that it requires a lot of product to work well. When doing my makeup, I find myself constantly dipping the applicator wand into the tube to get more product. Because of this, it runs out extremely quickly.

You either love Dior Addict Lip Glow Oil or despise it. Everything from the packaging to the lip gloss applicator is luxurious. But it’s also $40 for a small tube of lip gloss. The lip oil is seen almost as an accessory rather than a makeup product. With supermodel Bella Hadid seen applying it at the U.S. Open for tennis and influencers applying during lip-synching Tik Toks, it’s no wonder that the lip oil always seems to be sold out. Before I bought the lip oil, I knew that it wasn’t worth the hefty price tag, but I wanted to use it. However, after this tube runs out, I won’t be purchasing again.

Lastly, let’s talk about Charlotte Tilbury again. The Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter foundation is another expensive, trendy product not worth the price at around $46. The foundation goes on well and has moderate coverage. But after a few hours of wear, the foundation appears cakey. The product has also been found to contain pore-clogging ingredients.

Every time I see the next best product on social media, I must try it, even if it’s not good for my bank account. So, save your time and money. These products aren’t worth it.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

I am a junior at Florida State University studying psychology and minoring in mathematics and communication. I am the Outreach Coordinator at Her Campus FSU. I'm very passionate about art, literature, fashion, pop culture and films!