Style

Five Pieces You Need to Add to Your Wardrobe This Spring

With a new month, we get closer to warm days and the spring season. This means it’s time for some new pieces to be added to our closets­­­–ASAP. I know it might be overwhelming to transition from one season to the next, but it can be quite simple if you just incorporate some key items that can transform a winter outfit into a spring one! Here are five of my suggestions. I hope you find them helpful!

Midi Skirt

A trend that has been prevalent for a while now, midi skirts are the perfect item to wear on a day that isn’t too hot or too cold. You can choose a skirt with a print, a solid color or anything that catches your eye. It’s very simple to add a sweater on top and some booties, or pair it with a t-shirt and some sandals. As a very versatile piece, these skirts are sure to make your outfits put-together and fun! Here are some skirts that I love!

girls in skirts
Photo by Photographe EVJF GREG on Unsplash

Slip Dresses

Another staple piece that we’ve been seeing for some time now, slip dresses are easy, breezy and beautiful. I am a huge fan of layering, and I think that these dresses are the best thing to start with. You can easily throw a sweater or jacket over them, tuck it into some pants, add some tights, anything really! Here are some of my favorites!

Bermuda Shorts

Bermuda shorts are making a big comeback this season. The longer short style, which was very popular in the 90s and 2000s, is coming back with a bang. These shorts were all over the runway, and they are so great to have in your closet! Not only are they comfortable, they are a great length for the spring season. I think they would look best with t-shirts or tank tops, but really they can be paired with any tops you have in your closet. I am very excited about this trend! I found some shorts that I like here.

Collared Shirt

This is a staple item that everyone should have in their closet. However, this classic item can do more than just make you look professional. Collared, button-down shirts are excellent for pairing with jeans and white sneakers. I think they look great dressed-down and casual, but the beauty of it is that you can dress it up or down as much as you want. For a nicer outfit, you could pair it with a skirt and some heels. You can buy one of these shirts in pretty much any store, but here’s a good one that I found.

Nature Prints

This isn’t one specific item, but more of a collection of items. Any piece that you want–even the four that I previously mentioned–would look fabulous in a floral or animal print. I love being able to spice up any outfit with a printed piece, and this season, nature-related pieces are the ones you should be looking out for. I found some dresses here, but don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try anything you find that you like!

floral dress
Photo by Ussama Azam on Unsplash

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Retail Entrepreneurship Major at Florida State.
Her Campus at Florida State University.