Dressing For Success For The Biggest Game Of The Year

In case you have, for some unruly reason, forgotten, our beloved Seminoles will be competing for the BSC National title on Monday, January 6th.  Pasadena, California is just a few miles away…so like many broke college students I will be cheering on my Noles from the comfort of one of the best cities in America: Tallahassee, FL. Since this is undoubtedly the biggest and baddest game of the year, it’s time to take our fashion choices to the next level. If you dress for success, then I’m sure #famousjameis will throw and run that pigskin to a successful Seminole victory.

The national title is no joke, and neither is the way we handle our garnet and gold. For many, finding a good balance between the amount of garnet and the amount of gold garments worn is an easy way to represent both of our beloved school colors. For others, like myself, I enjoy (and believe in) garnet. Not only does it flatter every skin color, but you just can’t go wrong with a garnet top and jeans—god forbid your gold top is really YELLOW!

Stepping it up for this game truly means bringing the epitome of your game day apparel to its peak. Something that is not only fun but also one that you may not have in your closet is colored denim. Investing in a pair of garnet or gold jeans allows you to add more variety to the upper half of your body. Since you already have one of our school colors on the bottom, consider wearing your favorite black top or gray vintage FSU tee that you’ve been dying to wear to Doak Campbell Stadium. That way when someone asks, “I love your shirt, where did you get it?” You can proudly say, “It was my moms in the eighties.” Since it’s a tad chilly in Tally, strap on your favorite pair of combat boots or riders and paint the town garnet and gold.

Since it is currently winter in Tallahassee turn your head towards a sweater dress. Not only are they great for game days, but for every day, too. Pair a sweater dress in garnet. Gold, black, striped or any FSU related color with some tights, boots, and even a scarf. The best thing about this outfit is that if you find yourself waking up not in your own apartment then with a touch of lip gloss and a hair tie, you can just go straight to your Tuesday morning class! But to keep it classy in Tallahassee, try to make it to your own bed so you get to at least apply some fresh blush before class (insert wink here).

If you’re not one for “fancy dress” on game day, and let’s face it more tines than none you’ll find me in jeans and a t-shirt, then keep it simple with your favorite denim and FSU shirt and a jacket to keep you warm. In the end, it doesn’t matter what color your jeans are or if your top matches your earrings. As long as your school spirit is high and you’re not wearing any facet of orange and blue, your game day will be sure to be one for the books. 

GO ‘NOLES! 

Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!