Culture > News

Thurs-YAY! Starbucks Is Offering BOGO Fall Drinks This Month

You guessed it! It’s that time of year again. Even though it’s still 100 degrees outside and bikini weather, Starbucks has officially declared it autumn, AKA pumpkin spice latte season. And in my opinion, it couldn’t have come soon enough. 

If the new and old faves aren’t enough to get you in line, get this: Starbucks announced that you can get a BOGO deal on all of the fall drinks. This exclusive offer is only for the month of September on Thursdays after 12 p.m., which means that Thursday afternoons are pumpkin spice days, confirmed. The best part is that you don’t even have to go far; all the campus Starbucks locations, even Strozier, are participating. Even if you missed the first two, make sure you get in line on Sept. 21 and Sept. 28. 

Still not convinced? Don’t worry. As a self-proclaimed Starbucks enthusiast, I’ve spent the better part of this week taste-testing all the drinks and ranking them to give you the scoop. 

1. Iced pumpkin cream chai latte

This drink won by a landslide. With chai on the bottom and creamy pumpkin cream cold foam on top, this drink literally is fall. I’m embarrassed to say how many times I’ve gotten one since they came out. The texture is fantastic, and the flavor mixes so well. This drink is new to the lineup, but in my opinion, they should keep it year-round! 

2. hot pumpkin spice latte

Believe it or not, I have never been a fan of the classic PSL. Pumpkin spice season was always bittersweet because though I loved the season, I hated the drink. That is until I tried it hot. The temperature changed everything about the flavor profile. I think the warmth of it amplified the seasonal feeling, and I could picture myself watching Gilmore Girls while sipping on one. 

3. Iced apple crisp oatmilk macchiato

The flavors of this drink made me want to rate it on the top, but the consistency was just a no for me. It was thick, and the syrup wouldn’t mix with the drink itself. Don’t get me wrong: this drink is delicious, but in small doses. 

4. iced apple crisp oatmilk shaken espresso

I should probably note that I have never been a shaken espresso girly. The drinks are so Instagram-worthy, but they’re too bitter coming from someone who loves her coffee overly sweet. The flavors were similar to the macchiato, but I felt like the mix with espresso wasn’t my favorite. 

5. Pumpkin cream cold brew

I love Starbucks’ cold brew. It’s my go-to. It can be a little bitter, but whatever cold foam they put on top usually combats that. That said, I was disappointed when I tasted this one. I felt like I was actively searching for the pumpkin flavor, and halfway through the drink, I stopped being able to find it at all.

And that’s the lineup! Just kidding. I wouldn’t leave you like that. Though it’s not official, our besties at the Azalea Starbucks created a bonus drink, and you already know I tried that one too, and let me just say it is scrumptious. To order, ask for a grande iced coffee with three pumps of white mocha, three pumps of apple brown sugar syrup, and caramel drizzle. 

And that’s a wrap (for real this time)! I bet you can guess where I’m going to be for the rest of the month on Thursdays. See you there! 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTok, and Pinterest!

Mikaela Georgi is a freshman at FSU. She is an editor for Her Campus. Currently, she is seeking a BA in Theatre with a double major in English. Though this is her first year working with Her Campus, she loves the newspaper. She had a satire column that gave dating advice. She was also the Copy Editor, and she ensured that each article was up to the newspaper’s standards. When she’s not writing an article, you can most likely find her on a stage somewhere or fueling her caffeine addiction: two activities she deems equal in importance. She loves acting, directing, and playwriting. She’s also made it a goal to find all the best parks and greenery for reading YA romance in Tallahassee. It’s going well so far. She’s determined to make every song she loves a karaoke song, and right now she's probably petting a cat somewhere.