The Soft Launch of TikTok: Monet Michael and Jalen Noble

The words “soft launch” became a new part of everyones’ vocabulary within the last year. The storyline of Jalen Noble and Monet Michael’s relationship is the perfect example of the best type of soft launch. In under a year, Monet has become a star on TikTok. Everyone became obsessed with her and her lifestyle very quickly. She is known for her charismatic personality and her get-ready-with-me videos. Jalen Noble also recently grew a following on TikTok for his lifestyle videos about his two Dobermans and his daily ice baths. He originally came into the industry when he was an islander on Love Island’s second season. As soon as rumors began about them dating, I immediately went through the files in my brain to try and remember what I thought about him while watching the show. I remembered I didn’t hate or love him, but this new person he seemed to be on TikTok had me hoping the relationship rumors were true. Their followers became detectives to find all the clues until they started posting clues themselves.

What is a soft launch?

Soft launching your relationship on social media is the new thing. A soft launch is when people post sneak peeks of someone else in their photo but in a romantic manner. The term soft launch actually stems from when corporate companies would do small test exposures of products before the full release. This is like a tease where you are letting the world know your relationship status, but you are not fully revealing your partner. An example of how people do these soft launches is by posting a picture of a dinner date where you can see another person’s hand or torso in the picture at the table. People have become extremely creative with soft launching their relationships. Some creators have gone as far as posting soft launch tutorials or inspiration for others. Now soft launching your relationship is the only way to do it.

The soft launch

It all began when Monet started posting multiple videos to get ready to go on a date. In both her YouTube and TikTok videos she would give updates on her dates and how well they were going. This obviously made fans even more curious about who this guy she was seeing was. People began catching on because coincidentally both of their locations and places that were being posted on social media were the same or nearby. Many thought it might be a coincidence but some took a deeper look.

Fans started reading into their answers in question-and-answer videos. There was one situation specifically that put two and two together for many fans. Monet talks about how a man needs to be an addition to her life, and then in an Instagram story Jalen mentions being an economics major in college and how he switched out because he doesn’t like math but that he likes being an addition. Many people thought he said that purposefully thinking viewers wouldn’t catch on.

Viewers continued to flood their comments asking but still no response from either of them. Slowly it started being confirmed because Monet would talk about receiving flowers when Jalen has titled himself on TikTok as the certified flower boy. Also, many would find small clues by her nails being in his photos or her looking like she was at his place. She then out of nowhere posted a photo captioned certified flower girl which truly gave everyone all the answers they needed. This was all still very much a soft launch because there was no content of them two together but their relationship was pretty much confirmed.

Official Hard launch

Now this was the moment everyone was waiting for. Only very recently have they posted these compilation videos of each other of all these very loving moments between the two. These videos broke TikTok because even though everyone knew by this point no one truly expected for them to post each other to this extent. They really gave us a peek into everything we were missing out on and curious about. Leading up to this hard launch Monet had posted multiple stories in a place that looked like his apartment, one in the ice bath, and also stated being allergic to his Dobermans.

Even though she posted all this content his hard launch on his account still had everyone just as excited. Many people made funny videos saying “Me acting shocked watching the hard launch” which most who followed the love story related to. They went from trying to act clueless and ignore all fans’ comments to suddenly officially confirming their relationship.

From the small clues to the soft launch to the hard launch, they really topped any other relationship reveal. I know I am not the only one who can not wait to continue watching their relationship flourish.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest!

Hey! I am Sophia I was born in Miami but Colombian at heart. I love the world of social media and fashion. I've been a YouTube girl since 2010 so O.G British YouTubers and One Direction are my thing. I hope you enjoy reading my articles!