The Frother’s Daughter: Coffee and Community

The second half of the Spring semester always feels like a constant state of exhaustion. At this point in the year, we are all ready for summer and are fighting to keep up with our work. It’s becoming more of a drag than usual to wake up early in the morning for classes, but luckily, there are ways to help with this, one of which is of course, caffeine. 

If you’re like me, then March and April are spent consuming more caffeine than any other time of the year. And as someone who has been a barista for nearly three years in the corporate world of coffee, I’m tired of the same old flavors. So, this Spring semester, I’ve been on the lookout for unique and flavorful alternatives to a common coffee that can be found on every block. The perfect solution: The Frother’s Daughter.

The Frother’s Daughter is a Tallahassee-based mobile coffee shop with so much to offer. Each month features new specialty flavors and drink combinations alongside the regular menu that never disappoints, and often follows a theme. This past March, the coffee shop served Saint Patrick’s Day-themed drinks, including my favorite, the Rainbow Road, a delicious combination of salted caramel and birthday cake flavors. The drinks for April are all April Fool’s Day themed!

In addition to the monthly specialty drinks, the coffee shop collaborates with members of the Tallahassee Community. The Frother’s Daughter’s most recent collaboration was with the Tallahassee theatre group Side B Society. These two local businesses collaborated on a drink to promote the theater’s recent play, How to Make Friends and Then Kill Them. Collaborations like these make this coffee shop so special because of their dedication to engaging with and uplifting fellow small businesses in the community.

Their presence in the community is also found through the sourcing of their coffee beans. The Frother’s Daughter works with another local business, Lucky Goat Coffee Company, where they source all of their coffee, making a drink from this coffee shop an exclusive Tallahassee experience that you cannot find anywhere else. But you can find the Frother’s Daughter in quite a few different places around the city. One of the perks of being a mobile coffee shop is that the business can change locations every day. They can frequently be found on campus in their regular spot at Park Ave and Copeland, but if you’re craving a delicious coffee on a day you don’t have class, check out the weekly schedule that they post to their Instagram and visit them somewhere else in the city!

Another thing I love about The Frother’s Daughter is the story behind the business. As the name insinuates, owner Rosalyn Wilsey was inspired by her father’s experience in the coffee industry and the two of them partnered up to create the business that we know and love. The company website provides insight into the admiration Rosalyn has for her father and how their love for each other has shaped their journey with this business. 

So, if you’re looking for some coffee to get you through the rest of this semester, I highly recommend The Frother’s Daughter. A company built on love and admiration, that is involved in the community, and has high quality, delicious products! Why wouldn’t we want to support it?

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Sophie Roguski is a Junior at Florida State University, majoring in International Affairs, with a minor in Hospitality Management. She loves romcoms, celebrity gossip, and has a strong desire to travel more.