halloween hookup horror stories?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween hookup horror stories?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
MIRAMAX

3 Must-Watch Thriller Movies This Fall 

The fall season is the best time of the year, and I will not be hearing out anyone who says otherwise. I eagerly await its arrival year-round. I make the most of it when the time comes, and so should you. Because we live in Florida, it takes a little more effort to fully immerse ourselves in the autumn spirit since the weather isn’t always on our side. One of the easiest ways to do this is by watching fall-themed flicks or horror movies.  

Obviously, there are so many movies to choose from, and everyone has different opinions, but here are what I consider three definitive movies you need to watch this fall. 

For a Cult Classic: Scream

I’m not talking about any of the sequels. The first Scream cannot be outdone and is a classic for a reason. (Not so) fun fact: the movie was inspired by a Florida serial killer, the Gainesville Ripper. In my opinion, this movie isn’t all that scary. I usually watch it with a group of friends, and we just enjoy the story. If you haven’t seen it already, the story follows a serial killer called Ghostface who wreaks havoc on Sidney Prescott and other various high schoolers. You should definitely watch this movie at least once, but it’s worth watching every year. It’s meta, funny, somewhat scary, and wildly entertaining.  

For a Disturbing Horror Film: Barbarian

Not many horror movies actually scare me, but this one got me. This is not for the faint of heart. I love Barbarian, but I would never see it again. For anyone who does like grotesque and scary movies, this is the one for you! The general plot is about a woman who is double-booked with someone else at a rental home. While they are there, they both uncover secrets in the house. I like how it uses fresh techniques to scare you and doesn’t just rely on jump scares. I don’t want to say anything more because it’s best if you go in knowing absolutely nothing, so if you can take it, please watch! 

For a Movie That Feels Like Fall: Knives Out

Knives Out is one of my favorite movies of all time, not just for fall. That being said, it is THE perfect movie for fall vibes. The story starts with the murder of mystery fiction author Harlan Thrombey and then follows the investigation of his family afterward. Most of the movie takes place in a gothic mansion, which was chosen to look “like the sort of house that Harlan would describe in one of his mysteries”. The atmosphere of the setting radiates fall and coziness. Not to mention, the mystery is one of the cleverest mysteries in a movie, and I don’t think its sequel even came close to being as good.  

Not only can you finally check these movies off your bucket list, but all these movies combined make for the perfect fall watch list and help immerse you into the spooky season. Happy watching!  

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest! 

A first year majoring in Editing, Writing and Media. Lover of books and all things Taylor Swift :)