Did we just get a new single by Ariana Grande? Yes, and? Finally! It’s been four years since her last album, Positions, so people are getting hyped for her comeback era.

I’m so excited about her new song “Yes, And?” that dropped on Jan. 13. I find it to be a super fun, unapologetic, and catchy song. It also interpolates “Vogue” by Madonna and carries a different beat from her previous songs. As a pop girl for life, this song really held me in a chokehold. She began teasing her new era on her Instagram starting Dec. 7 and posting every time a digit ended in seven, as this will be her seventh album. On Jan. 17, she announced her new album titled Eternal Sunshine will be released on March 8!  I love this title, which is named after the movie Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, a movie surrounding love and breakups (it’s so sad).

Although it’s been four years since Positions came out, Grande has released some collaborations with The Weeknd since then. “Save Your Tears” and “Die for You” topped the charts as fans like me were starving for some new music.

Her new single comes after a brief social media hiatus, taken as a result of her busy work schedule revolving around the new Wicked movie, which she will be starring in as Glinda alongside Cynthia Erivo as Elphaba.

“Yes, And?” is a song about not backing down from haters and being “your own f*cking best friend.” This song displays her emotions towards the comments she has been getting lately and the attention from the tabloids. She has been under scrutiny in these conversations because of her rumored relationship with Wicked co-star Ethan Slater.

Many speculations have been made about who Ariana is currently dating, what happened with her ex-husband Dalton Gomez, and if she really is with Ethan Slater, who recently separated from his wife. Grande hadn’t made any comments responding to the controversies or questions until “Yes, And?”, which seems to be a response to all of the negative attention. Her bombshell line from the song aims at the tabloids and the haters; she asks, “Why do you care so much who’s d— I ride?” This has caused further controversy with people questioning her character; she’s even lost 400K followers on Instagram the week of Jan. 15.

Another line from this new single touches on the multiple comments Ariana has gotten about her body lately. She sings, “Don’t comment on my body, do not reply.” She has shared on her Instagram and TikTok that she doesn’t like people commenting on her body, stating, “I think we should be gentler and less comfortable commenting on people’s bodies.”

Grande also adds fun lyrics throughout “Yes, And?” such as “Say that sh*t with your chest!” which appears in the chorus of the song. I could even relate to this because we all deal with our own “haters” and must keep moving forward regardless.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing what Eternal Sunshine will be like and have already pre-saved it! Yes, and?

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Delaney Reilly is a staff writer at Her Campus FSU, majoring in instrumental music education. Beyond Her Campus, Delaney is a part of multiple organizations in the college of music. She is in the world-renowned marching chiefs, along with the University Philharmonic Orchestra, NAfME, and ASTA. When she isn’t writing or playing her instruments, Delaney is busy watching movies and traveling! https://www.linkedin.com/in/delaney-reilly-64b64817b