What’s in My Bag: FSU Baseball and Softball Edition

As Florida State spring sports get into the swing of things, I’m particularly thrilled about this season’s baseball and softball games. The fun atmosphere, sunshine, and ballpark foods are some of my favorite things about baseball and softball games, not to mention the excitement of the games themselves. As an avid baseball fan and softball aficionado, I’m so excited for the upcoming events.

To give myself a grand slam-level experience at games, I come with my bag packed with everything I may need. Here are some of my game-day necessities that you should consider packing in your bag this season!

Wet Wipes

These are non-negotiable for me. I first started using these to wipe dirt off myself at music festivals, but one day it dawned on me that they would be great for sports games! Have a spill? Wet wipes are there to clean it up right away. Got some dirt on your hands? Wet wipes will take care of that. Get some weird, sticky thing on your phone? Wet wipes. They can solve (almost) any problem and are vital for game day success.

Any and All Sun Protection

Take it from me, getting second-degree burns because you “thought it was going to be cloudy out” is not a good look and is definitely not worth the pain. Make sure you pack a tube of sunscreen, sunglasses, and even sunscreen lip gloss to make sure you’re not a victim of an unknown sunny day like I was. Reapplying every two hours is the key to success, so put on a layer before heading out and halfway through the game. Sunscreen will keep your skin safe, and you’ll be grateful for taking preventative measures to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful years from now.

A Portable Charger

I don’t know about you, but I feel like my phone always manages to die halfway through a game. Not only is this an inconvenience, but it can also be a safety issue if you walk home after the game or lose a friend. Packing a portable phone charger ensures that your phone will make it through the game, keeping you safe and saving you from the struggles of a dead phone. Amazon, Target, Walmart, and a handful of other stores have a wide selection of portable charger types and functions at a low cost.

FSU Spirit!

One of the best ways to make your game experience even better is to get into the spirit of the game with FSU accessories. Some local stores, like Barefoot Tally and Garnet & Gold, have super cute pins, stickers, bag straps, and other decorative pieces to add to your bags. Or if you’re feeling creative, designing your own pins or bag decals could be a fun activity to do by yourself or with friends! What’s the point of bringing a bag if it’s not on theme and representing your FSU pride?

Both the baseball and softball teams are set to have exciting seasons, and hopefully adding these items to your bag will make your experience even more enjoyable as you cheer them on to victory!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

McKenna is a new Staff Writer at the Her Campus at Florida State University. She is currently a freshman and is pursuing a dual degree with majors in Political Science and History and minors in Economics and Russian. McKenna is a member of the Women in Pre-Law Society and Alpha Chi Omega sorority and is looking forward to joining more organizations throughout her time at Florida State. Outside of school, McKenna enjoys watching the Atlanta Braves, running, listening to podcasts, hitting the gym, and going to concerts. She loves watching Florida State’s football and baseball teams. In her hometown just outside of Atlanta, Georgia, you’ll find her four dogs and one cat, bob.