Fall is just beginning, and I was looking for some ideas of what to do in Tallahassee during this season. Weekends can get kind of boring here, but there are so many hidden fall gems. I asked Florida State University (FSU) students around campus what some of their favorite fall activities are, and let’s just say that I now have a couple of new activities added to my plans.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in Concert

On Sep. 30 and Oct. 1, the Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra is performing alongside the first Harry Potter movie. Anyone who is a fan of the series knows that it would be just magical to see it with a live orchestra playing along. Tickets start at $40, and it’s taking place at our very own Donald L. Tucker Civic Center.

the Frother’s Daughter

The local coffee truck, The Frother’s Daughter, is starting their Spooky Sips Challenge on Oct. 1! They will have a menu of six drinks and if you get all of them by Oct. 31, you get a free Frother’s Daughter T-shirt. A lot of coffee and a free T-shirt? Sounds like a win-win to me. If you need your fall coffee fix before the challenge starts, they also have delicious-looking September specials that are all fall-themed. You can check their Instagram to see where their truck is parked each day!

North Florida Fair

The North Florida Fair will be open from Nov. 2 through Nov. 12! There, you can find fun rides and good fair food. Stop by if you need your funnel cake fix. 

Pumpkin Patch

Who doesn’t love a good pumpkin patch? You can buy a pumpkin to carve later or just go for the pictures and fall vibes. Another Her Campus at FSU writer wrote an article about the top five pumpkin patches in Tallahassee, so feel free to click here for the recs!

Tallo-ween!

An iconic Tallahassee tradition is putting on a cute Halloween costume and walking out in the freezing cold to go to clubs or parties! Practically heaven if you ask me! Check out the different clubs on Instagram to find out more information about the events they are hosting. If you’re a big Halloween fan, you might want to start buying your costumes now!

Browsing Trader Joe’s for Pumpkin-Flavored Items

This is arguably my favorite activity on this list. Trader Joe’s recently dropped all their seasonal items for fall. My personal recommendations are the Pumpkin Spice Teeny Tiny Pretzels, Apple Cinnamon Buns, Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese, and their Apple Cider Donuts. For items that are not food, I recommend the Vanilla Pumpkin Scented Candle and especially the Pumpkin Body Butter; it smells absolutely amazing!

Trying Starbucks Fall Items

This is a great activity to do on Thursdays, which are now ThursYays for Starbucks, meaning when you buy one fall drink, you can get another one for free! This would be a great time to gather your friends together and order all your fall favorite treats! My recommendations are the pumpkin spice latte, the iced pumpkin cream chai latte, the apple crisp oat milk macchiato, and the baked apple croissant.

Terror of Tallahassee

For those who didn’t know, Tallahassee has its own haunted house! It’s called the Terror of Tallahassee. The theme of the house is Monstrous Mutations. On their website, it says that they are much scarier than Halloween Horror Nights, but don’t worry, the scare actors are not allowed to touch you. They say walking through the house is around 15-20 minutes, so plan to make an activity out of it and maybe go to dinner before or after.

Halloween Circus

Our very own FSU Flying High Circus is hosting some Halloween shows! The performances are on Oct. 19, 20, 27, & 28. Entry is free for FSU students if you bring your FSUID. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show starts at 7 p.m.

Honorable Mention: Halloween Horror Nights

Even though it isn’t in Tallahassee, a super fun activity is planning a weekend trip to Orlando and attending Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights! For those of you who don’t love to get scared, there is Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (no judgment from me, I’m so down to go).

These are just a few of the recommendations I got from FSU students! For those looking for some Tallahassee fall activities, you can consider adding these to your checklist!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Jessica is a junior at Florida State University studying Retail Entrepreneurship. She is from Hollywood, FL and in Alpha Omicron Pi.