The Best Spots on Campus to Feature in Your Grad Photos

As the spring semester comes to an end, much of the class of 2023 will be moving on to the next chapter of their lives away from FSU. Before you take those pictures in your cute outfits and cap and gown, consider these hidden (and not-so-hidden) spots to capture your perfect Nikon moment. 

Westcott Fountain

Beginning with the most well-known and iconic photo spot, Westcott Fountain is the visual representation of FSU and is what many people think of whenever they imagine Florida State’s campus. From the sparkling blue fountain to the landscape of the Ruby Diamond Auditorium in the background, the full stone benches in the surrounding area and the shiny black placard holding FSU’s torch emblem, this spot is an essential for graduation photos. 

Doak Campbell Stadium

If you’re lucky enough to be able to enter the stadium and take photos, do it. It’s safe to say that almost every person that attends FSU has been to at least one game inside Doak, and the memories formed here are unforgettable. The anticipation before and during a game, the vibes from your fellow students in the crowd cheering on your team, it’s something that is unique to college and FSU especially. I know when I graduate, I’ll reminisce on experiencing a ‘Nole win inside Doak and it’ll be a core memory of my college years.

However, if you aren’t able to go inside the stadium for your grad photos, definitely visit the Unconquered statue and snap a shot with the enormous bronze tribute to Osceola and Renegade, the symbols of our university. 

Heritage Fountain

Located just outside Doak Campbell Stadium and near the FSU circus, Heritage Fountain is a part of FSU’s Legacy Walk, and the fountain stands tall and proudly displays the torch of FSU at the very top, making it a great place to feature in your graduation photos. Since the fountain is relatively new (compared to the rest of FSU’s campus), the bricks are still in great condition and shine beautifully. 

Greek Park

This spot, although tiny, is underappreciated when it comes to grad photos. The gorgeous trees with hanging moss resemble those of a folklore-esque “cabin in the woods” type vibe. Not in a creepy way, but in a “I want to run away to a cabin in the woods and be secluded from society while I write poetry and listen to indie music” type of way, and it’s perfect. Complete with a 15-foot-tall statue called “Three Sisters,” a gift from the sisters of the Chi Omega sorority on campus, and a meditation pavilion with gothic arches and stained-glass windows courtesy of Alpha Delta Pi sorority, this location is a hidden gem and will make for some very cute grad photos. 

Strozier Library

Alright, hear me out. I know this isn’t an ideal location to feature in your graduation photos, but I think a lot of FSU students can attest to pulling all-nighters in Strozier study rooms, living solely off coffee from the library Starbucks, just trying to finish their papers or cram for an exam. It would be a full-circle moment to take a photo here with your cap and gown, knowing that all those nights eventually paid off and got you to graduation. 

Of course, there are so many spots on our stunning FSU campus that could be featured in your graduation photos, these are just a few of my favorites that I feel represent the university and student body as a whole. So, if you’re thinking of locations to book for your grad photo session, consider these on-campus spots to make your final rounds before you move on to a new chapter. Congratulations to the class of 2023!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

hi! my name's allison, i'm currently attending florida state university majoring in exercise physiology in hopes of going to med school to become an ob/gyn! i'm an iced coffee lover, heavy criminal minds watcher, and a pumpkin flavored everything enthusiast.