Revisiting My College Bucket List as a Senior

The rest of the senior class and I are on the home stretch. We’ve already begun registering for graduation and are on our way to ordering caps and gowns. Tallahassee may be ready to get rid of us, but I have some final hoorahs before kissing this college town goodbye. 

Just like everybody else, I had expectations for who I was going to be and what I was going to do in college. It turns out that what I wanted when I was a 17-year-old freshman are not exactly the same things I want now as a 21-year-old senior. Although I still hold the same desire to visit or attend popular FSU locations and events as I did freshman year, my other college bucket list items and goals have definitely changed. 

visit the rez

There are a few locations unique to FSU that I’ve either already visited or have been meaning to visit. I’ve only been to the Rez once but I’m making it a point to visit at least once more. It’s free to visit with your FSUID and they have multiple recreational activities, including ones in the water! I’ve only participated in canoeing but am dying to try out some more before May rolls around.

attend a sporting event

Other fun FSU activities are sporting events! Most students make it to the football games before sophomore year, but have they been to any other games? Have they been to any women’s sports events? Despite their records being consistently better than their male team counterparts, they receive very little recognition in comparison. I’ve been to one women’s soccer game (which was amazing!!) and want to go to a volleyball match as well as a softball game before I graduate. Aside from football, I’ve been to men’s basketball and baseball games, and I would recommend going to one of their games too!

see the circus

The one location that’s impossible not to mention when discussing FSU’s rare gems is our Flying High Circus. I’ve been interested in seeing a show since I first toured FSU and I still haven’t. I did attempt to during one of last spring’s shows, but they were sold out. My biggest tip is to get there early. You think you’ll have multiple opportunities, but I have one more show season left to see before it’s a missed opportunity.

Funnily enough, I have been inside of the circus tent, but not during a show. Beginning of my senior year, I auditioned for Ringmaster. I’m sure seeing one in action first would have been a better idea.

get involved on campus

I would have never seen myself being as involved as I am in the FSU community as I am in my senior year, and my only regret is not joining sooner. It was never on my bucket list to join a sorority, be involved with the local radio station, join the Student Government Association, or write for Her Campus. Honestly, in my first semester of college, I didn’t do much of anything. All of my classes were online, and I didn’t turn 18 until October. My social life was me and my roommate and I was constantly on the phone with my friends from home. 

It wasn’t until the start of my junior year that I decided I wanted more from my college experience. Going through recruitment was my redirection. Once finding my sorority home and sisters, I realized how connected they were to one another and how involved they were in other clubs and organizations. I began applying to positions in various organizations and internships. Now, my resume and I are more fulfilled. Had I learned about it sooner, I would have wished to work my way higher up at our local radio station and eventually become a DJ. Unfortunately, this is one item I added to my bucket list too late.

Whether you’re about to graduate or just entering college, creating a bucket list would do you some good! But I’d suggest forming it a little better and a little earlier than I did. Yes, I still recommend listing locations and sporting events you have in mind. No matter what you want to accomplish during your college years, just make sure you write it down somewhere and look back at it from time to time to see if you’ve kept those goals in mind! 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Hi everybody! I'm a senior here at FSU majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media. I really enjoy writing self-help and relationship advice articles as well as more personal life-related topics. I'm aspiring to get into broadcasting and journalism. I'm so excited to be involved with Her Campus where I have a supportive community to advise and support me on my career journey! This semester, I am looking forward to my family flying down from New Jersey for my birthday during parents weekend. I love going to the football games and spending time with my closest girl friends. I am currently interning with Tallahassee Woman Magazine and our local radio station, WVFS. For my last year at college, I am trying to experience everything our campus has to offer, including proudly writing with Her Campus :,)