Being at Florida State University (FSU), everyone knows about the nightlife here. The most popular activity at FSU tends to be going to frat parties or the busiest club that night, but what about all the other activities FSU and Tallahassee have to offer? Many of the more wholesome activities at FSU tend to get overlooked for their lack of alcoholic beverages, although many of them can be a lot of fun. I created a list of some of the best wholesome FSU activities that tend to get overlooked that you should take advantage of during your time at FSU. Whether you’re sober living or just taking a break from the nightlife at FSU, this list will have something for you!

The Rez

The FSU Rez provides a multitude of activities for the students of FSU. It has great views for picnics as well as canoeing, kayaking, swimming, sand volleyball, disc golf, the challenge course and more. It provides fun activities while gaining some vitamin D and a closeness with nature. Whether you’re trying to get out of your dorm or apartment for the day or trying to get active without going to the gym, the Rez has something for everyone. You can also book group activities for you and your organization to do team-building activities, such as the challenge course.

Fitness Classes

Fitness classes at FSU are abundant. There are so many options to choose from, no matter what type of fitness you’re into. Spin classes and cardio dance are some of my personal favorites, but there are many others to fit your personal fitness needs. Not only are these classes loved for their fun vibes but also for their motivational aspects and group settings. If you’re like me, it can be a lot more motivational when there are others around you going just as hard during a workout as you and all cheering each other on. If that’s how you feel as well, the fitness classes provided by FSU are perfect for you. It’s also a great place to meet more people with those similar interests, and they’re also run by students.

Intramural Sports

While intramural sports are not a new revelation on FSU’s campus, they’re definitely underappreciated. Intramural sports are a great place to continue all the sports you did when you were younger that you wish you continued. While it is very fun to do intramural sports with an organization and get to play with all your closest friends, a great thing about intramural sports is you don’t have to be part of an organization to do it. All skill levels and years of experience are welcome, as long as you have a fun time doing it, you’re welcome to join!

Next time you’re sitting around thinking about how to use your day with your friends, try one of these activities. All are free, and all are a part of FSU’s campus. For more information on any and all of these things, look at @fsucampusrec on Instagram.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

From Naples, FL Kaitlyn is a student at FSU majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media. During her time at FSU she’s worked on the undergraduate literary staff before moving up to the masthead as well as being apart of the Beta Mu Gamma Phi Beta chapter.