Fans anticipate first FSU football game of the season
Original photo by Jenna Harris
Style > Fashion

FSU Game Days Are Just Getting Started. Here’s What To Wear

Tallahassee isn’t a big town, so you’ve probably heard that fall football is back! Florida State University (FSU) has won the last two games! Florida State’s first game was in Orlando against Louisiana State University; the second, our first home game of the season, was against Southern Mississippi.

See, here’s the thing: most of us have a few FSU t-shirts and throw together an outfit at the last minute for tailgating, going to the bars, or watching the game. Some people put a lot of work into their game day outfits, but some can’t do that because of time or money, or maybe both because we’re college students.

Here are a few places around Tallahassee and some online stores with clothing options to work into a full-blown outfit!

Barefoot Campus Outfitters

Most of you know this store, but for the new FSU students, Barefoot Campus Outfitters is a great place to find unique FSU clothes. Now, they are a bit pricey, but their quality is great, and they make cut-up shirts that are super fun! Barefoot Campus Outfitters is located in College Town.

Plato’s Closet

Every college student should know this place. Plato’s Closet always has a solid collection of FSU attire. If you need new bottoms, Plato’s is the perfect place to grab them. They have a great collection of skirts, shorts, and jeans. Who doesn’t love second-hand apparel? Plato’s Closet is located off of Pensacola Street.

Garnet and Gold

Garnet and Gold is a perfect place to shop for game day shirts. Not just for you, but for your family too! So, if your parents are coming for parents’ weekend this semester, take them to Garnet and Gold before the game! Garnet and Gold has multiple locations and sells a lot of products and goods as well. Two of their closest locations are off Governor’s Square, and another is off Pensacola Street.

Hype and Vice

Hype and Vice is an online retailer that sells clothing for colleges across the US. Hype and Vice sells tank tops, t-shirts, bandeaus, crop tops, sweatpants, and much more. In my own experience, the quality is impressive. Especially their white tops, they’re thick and not see-through!

FSU Bookstore

Another store that you would think wouldn’t have anything sometimes does. The FSU Bookstore sometimes has cute crop tops and bandana tops. I would look there as well.

Outfit Essentials

Now, let’s talk about the outfit itself. Here are some outfit pieces and essentials that, in my own experience, have helped me get through game day!

• Comfortable shoes are a must! Make sure that you have something to protect your feet from tailgating. I have found that my chunky platform boots are my game day favorites.
  • Cargo skirts have always held up throughout every game day.
  • Rompers are also a fan favorite, I would say. Who doesn’t love a cute romper? Especially with a “Go Noles” button, c’mon!
  • I adore the big, oversized jersey look with boots. That’s a fun look for any game day. And shorts with boots? Say less. Shorts and boots are cute and fun.
  • Some may agree, some may not: I wouldn’t say I personally like jeans for game day, because it gets way too hot to wear jeans all day long. But if you’re a jeans girl, wear those jeans, girl!
  • FSU’s colors are garnet and gold. You can quickly go online, look up those colors, and coordinate an outfit around them. Also, many people wear white, tan, and black in their game-day outfits.

Check out the stores in this article for your perfect game day outfit. Also, check stores online for any other outfit essentials you may need. FSU’s next game is against Clemson on Sep. 23, and FSU has nine more games after that. Now let’s get shopping Seminoles!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Kaitlyn is a media and communication studies student from Florida State University. She is also pursuing a minor in journalism from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. This is Kaitlyn's first semester at Her Campus FSU! Kaitlyn is interning at Tallahassee Woman Magazine. She previously interned for News4Jax in Jacksonville, Florida. Kaitlyn's career goal is to become a broadcast journalist. She enjoys being able to tell stories from the local community. Kaitlyn grew up in Sarasota, Florida, and Melbourne, Florida. Kaitlyn loves thrifting, fashion, working out, and going on trips with her family and friends.