Life > Experiences

Five Things on My Bucket List as a Rising Senior at FSU

As a rising senior, I’ve been doing lots of reflecting on my time at Florida State University (FSU) and what I’ve done here. There are lots of Tallahassee traditions and staples that I’ve experienced, but there are also a few things that I’ve yet to accomplish while here. Heading into my final year, I’ve started to compile a list of some experiences I want to have and places I want to see before I graduate. A bucket list of sorts, if you will. Here are five items from my list that I want to experience before I leave FSU next year.

1. Win a challenge at Madison Social

Every month, Madison Social in College Town has a drinking challenge which entails collecting seven specific drinks throughout that month to get a prize. The prize is always a special T-shirt designed for that month that you can only get by completing the challenge. The T-shirts are always adorable and tailored to the month’s season. I have yet to complete one and get a shirt, so that is a must on my FSU bucket list to do next year.

2. Take a dip in all the fountains on campus

We have a few fountains here on campus: Wescott, Landis, and Legacy. Since my 21st birthday has already passed, I’ve already taken a dip into the Wescott Fountain for the long-lasting tradition on the eve of that specific birthday. However, I have yet to take a swim in the other two fountains on campus, and fun fact, they’re registered swimming pools! I definitely need to embrace the warm weather and take a dip into those fountains while I still can, just to say I’ve done it all. 

3. Sing karaoke at SunStop

I’ve never done karaoke in general, and I have to say I’ve always heard fun things about karaoke nights at SunStop. Every Thursday, they host karaoke with the chance to win a gift card at the end. Even though the gift card is a great incentive, the lively and energetic environment during karaoke is enough to get anyone to want to participate. In the heart of College Town, this makes for the perfect night out or pit stop in between hopping around the restaurants and stores surrounding SunStop. I can’t believe I haven’t gone yet, so it’s definitely one of the top items on my FSU bucket list. 

4. Go Bowling at the Student Union

This one’s a no-brainer. With the Student Union having a whole bowling alley included in its many assets, it’s a great activity for a break in between classes or a fun night out with friends on campus. I feel like bowling really channels a person’s inner child and fosters some healthy competition between friends. I haven’t found time to go yet, but it’s something my friends and I have all agreed we need to make an event out of before we graduate.

5. Ride the Bull at Duke’s & Dottie’s

This is arguably the most pressing item I have on this list. Tallahassee’s newest western bar, Duke’s & Dottie’s, has a college night every Wednesday that includes many exciting specials, including $3 mechanical bull rides. I’ve never ridden a mechanical bull before, but watching friends have a blast trying to do it over the years has inspired me to try it. I mean, who hasn’t seen one and thought about giving it a go? I definitely have made a pact with myself that before I graduate, I need to find time to ride the bull and hopefully stay on for longer than three seconds. 

As a rising senior, thinking about graduation definitely makes me nostalgic about the past three years, but having a bucket list like this one really helps put the future into high gear and get me excited for what’s to come. Making memories that I can hold onto long after graduation is very important to me heading into my senior year, and this bucket list is definitely going to help me achieve that goal. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Olivia is pursuing a BA in English- Editing, Writing, and Media with a minor in Retail Operations at Florida State University.