This Campus Cutie is the Next Broadway Star: Meet Elise LeBlanc

Name: Elise LeBlanc

Year: Junior

Major: English Education

Interests: Movies, reading, writing, singing in the shower *la da dee la da da la da da*

Hometown: South Tampa

HC (Her Campus): So Elise, what are some of your favorite after-school activities?

EL: I love going to see movies. I love scary movies.

HC: Do you get scared often?

EL: Not really. I’m tough when it comes to movies. Life…not as much.

HC: So what type of things scare you?

EL: SPIDERS! I hate spiders…SO much. Bad drivers are also high on the list.

HC: What is your favorite part of FSU’s campus?

EL: Probably Landis, because there’s so much you can do there. You can go lie out after class, or even play soccer at 2 a.m., that is if you don’t have anything better to do at 2 a.m.

HC: What is your favorite part of Tallahassee?

EL: Miller’s Landing is definitely one of my favorites. It’s this spot off Meridian Rd. where you can fish, or just relax overlooking Lake Jackson. The drive there is incredible with the overhanging canopy trees and the winding roads. It’s a good place to unwind after a hectic week.

HC: Where are you most likely to be found on the weekends?

EL: In my bed…I mean it’s true. I’m usually sleeping, eating, or reading a book. My major has me with my nose in a book most days.

HC: What about weekend nights?

EL: Um…usually house parties or the strip. They both have their benefits. House parties are great places to meet new people, but the strip is where you can just let loose and dance with your friends.

HC: What style defines you?

EL: I’m not very stylish…usually cut off shorts and a comfy top. Whatever is comfortable, really.

HC: If there was one thing in life you could be, what would it be?

EL: Broadway singer. Singing has been my favorite thing since I was talking. I’m not interested in the pop-like music these days, I’m more into the performing, story-like aspect of it, which is what Broadway is all about.

HC: What is your favorite Broadway musical?

EL: Oh that’s a tough one, but probably Chicago. We performed it my sophomore year of high school. It was so much fun. Lots of sass and spunk.

HC: Okay one last question: What advice would you give incoming freshman to FSU trying to figure out what they wanted to do with their life?

EL: In your first year, definitely explore your options. There are so many different courses here that can open your eyes to something you never thought you wanted to do before. Make sure whatever career path you end up choosing is something you can see yourself enjoying for the rest of your life. For me, it’s teaching high school English.

Emily Brooks is a Junior at The Florida State University. She is an English major with a focus in Editing, Writing, and Media with a minor in Communications. Born and raised in Pensacola, Florida, she has a deep-rooted love for slow-cooked Southern food. She has a passion for journalism and hopes to continue her career in the broadcast field as a TV reporter. Her ultimate goal is to become a part of the great team at ABC World News with Diane Sawyer. As a true 'Noles fan from the start, she bleeds garnet and gold and can be found at every sporting event. Along with writing, she also shares a passion for music. A strong love for the oldies has her convinced she was born a generation too late. In the Summer of 2014 her passion for writing continued abroad as she studied journalism in Valencia, Spain for one semester. You can find her travel blog here: http://emilybrooksfsu.blogspot.com.tr/
Her Campus at Florida State University.