The Best Places To See Christmas Lights Near FSU

Christmastime is truly the most wonderful time of the year. It comes with great company and thoughtful gifts. It’s also the only time of the year my family actually bakes desserts.

Despite all this, what really gets me into the Christmas spirit are the lights! Nothing quite gives me warm and fuzzy holiday feelings like Christmas lights do. So, if you’re like me and want to see some lights this holiday season, here’s a list of some of the best places in and around Tallahassee to do so.

Dorothy B. Oven Park

Just up Thomasville Road is probably the best place in Tallahassee to see Christmas lights. Dorothy B. Oven Park is a picture-perfect place to walk around and see the lights. It has a small drive-through part of the park that’s perfect if you’re just passing by and want to make a quick stop. It’s especially perfect if you can’t handle the cold and want to stay in the warmth of your car. It also has a nice part you can walk through that has super cute displays. So, if you’re looking for some options, Oven Park is the place to go.

Woodams Christmas Lights in Bainbridge

A little less than an hour outside of Tallahassee is Woodams Christmas Lights in Bainbridge, Georgia. You can see these lights from the highway, and even from there, they’re stunning. They’re on a long walkway, and Woodams has several displays to look at and take photos in front of. Though it’s a bit of a drive, it’s worth it to see the sprawling displays.

Chain of Parks

Just a few minutes away from campus is a chain of parks in downtown Tallahassee. You may have driven past these parks when driving back to campus. They’re absolutely gorgeous — you can’t miss them! Each tree on this strip of parks is covered from top to bottom with bright white lights. Walking through them feels like walking through a snowy winter wonderland. The snowy vibes make my little northern heart happy. They aren’t super colorful, so if you prefer a cleaner and simpler vibe, these are definitely for you.

Killearn Estates Neighborhood

This is another great option if you don’t want to get out of your car. Killearn Estates is a beautiful neighborhood in northern Tallahassee. When I first came to FSU, I was quickly told by the natives that Killearn was the nicest part of Tallahassee, and that’s definitely true. Not only are there lots of fun lights, but also if you’re like me and like to scope out local real estate, you can do that here. It’s the perfect place to drive around and stay cozy.

Southwood Lights

As a kid, one of my favorite novelties was lights that lit up to the beat of music. If you want to make your inner child happy, Southwood is the place to go. The lights at Southwood change to the beat of Christmas music when tuned to the right radio station. Again, it’s great if you want to stay in your car, and who doesn’t love musical lights?

These are just a few of the great places to go see lights close to the FSU campus. Hopefully, you and your friends get a chance to visit one of these places before you go home for winter break. Seeing the lights would be a great way to celebrate the end of finals season. Go treat yourself and see the beautiful displays Tallahassee has to offer!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

I'm from Minnesota, and am a Sophomore Editing Writing and Media major at FSU.