A Holiday Gift Guide Based On Your Bestie’s FSU Major

The holiday season has finally arrived, and no matter what you celebrate during this time of year, gift-giving is always essential. I’m very particular about shopping since I’m always adamant about making sure I find the perfect gift for everyone in my life. With this, I realized that sometimes the best way to know what to get for someone is to know their major. Each major is very unique from one another, just like friends can be! From Psychology to Political Science, here’s my guide on what to get for everyone on your shopping list.

Psychology: Coffee Mug

Psychology majors tend to be personal therapist-type friends who are always there to listen to your rants and provide solutions. Ease the mind of your Psych bestie with a cute or personalized coffee mug that they can sip from, either while providing free therapy services or when they need a pick-me-up.

Communications: Journal or Notebook

Communications majors love to write. They just always seem to be writing, don’t they? Spread some love by gifting your Comm girlie a journal or notebook so they can start a diary, write a short story, or even just scheme ideas on how to change the world.

Education: Tote Bag

Education majors have a lot to balance, from figuring out lesson plans to gathering supplies. It’s a lot to carry. Teach your friends something new by gifting them a graphic tote bag so they never have to worry about leaving anything behind. Out of Print even has some that are inspired by children’s books!

English: Bookmark

It might be stereotypical, but English majors do love to read. Spruce up your bookworm friend’s reading experience by giving them a cute bookmark so they can always keep track of their pages in style. You can even add a more personalized touch by handmaking the bookmark yourself!

Biology: Scrunchies or Hair Ties

Biology majors always stay busy learning everything about the world, especially hands-on in a lab. Bring life to your Bio friend’s style by gifting them colorful scrunchies or hair ties so they can put their hair up while working on experiments in the lab.

Film: 100 Movies Bucket List Poster

If there’s one thing Film majors adore more than anything, it’s movies (of course). Surprise your film-loving friend with this unique find of a 100 movies bucket list poster. As your friend goes through and watches all of these iconic movies, they can mark them off on the poster, which makes for unique room decoration.

Political Science: American President Socks

This could be classified as a gag gift for Political Science majors, but anyone interested in politics knows the American presidents best. Surprise your friend with cozy socks featuring iconic presidents for staying warm and stylish during the holidays.

Gifts come in all shapes and sizes, as do college majors! Although you may still need more time to decide on gifts for your friends this holiday season, this list has hopefully provided some guidance. Nonetheless, there is always a new way to get to know them, especially when it comes to buying them things. No matter what you end up giving, trust that even the little things can go a long way.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Holly is currently a Media/Communication Studies major at Florida State University, planning to minor in English. She enjoys making Spotify playlists, hanging out with friends, and writing!