Rihanna, 33, has been dating A$AP Rocky, or Rakim Mayers, since Nov. 2020—and the couple has been close friends for almost a decade. Rihanna and Rocky are now having their first baby! Rihanna proudly announced the pregnancy along with A$AP in a photoshoot (that was most likely planned in advance) this morning in Harlem, New York City.

The singer and business mogul showed her baby bump through an unbuttoned pink Chanel puffer coat in these photos. She wore faded and ripped denim jeans as well as body jewelry, looking as stylish as ever as she embraced her baby bump! Rocky wore a jean jacket, hoodie and leather pants as he stood next to Rihanna, holding her hand and giving her a kiss on the forehead as they were photographed.

Rihanna was rumored to be pregnant since she attended an event in Barbados in November and then later reported at a restaurant to be “drinking sparkling water and openly rubbing her baby bump.” She had been hiding her growing baby bump with baggy clothes for a few months, which had some guessing. Now, though, her pregnancy is confirmed without a doubt!

In May 2020, A$AP told GQ that Rihanna is the love of his life. He said, “She amounts to probably, like, a million of the other ones. I think when you know, you know. She’s the one.” In the same interview, Rocky said that he thought he would be “an incredible, remarkably, overall amazing dad.” He added that he thought he would have a “very fly child” when the conversation came to fatherhood.

Similarly, Rihanna has expressed her desire to be a mother multiple times. In March 2020, she said “I know I will want to live differently [in 10 years]. I’ll have kids—three or four of ‘em.” In Oct. 2019, she told Extra that “it’s not necessarily everyone’s dream to be a mom… but it’s mine.” She also told Interview Magazine that she wants babies “more than anything in life.”

Apart from the excitement of being parents, the couple also seems to be very happy and going strong. About a month ago, a source reported that Rihanna and Rocky had a strong relationship, stating that “it’s obvious they’re a couple and also are each other’s best friends. They kid around a lot and laugh a lot. They have private date nights together a lot and have a blast hanging out together.” Rihanna and A$AP’s relationship sounds to be filled with love and support which makes everyone more excited to see them as parents!

Rihanna has also been trending on Twitter today with the happy news being released. Many fans have expressed support, stating that they are very happy for Rihanna for living out her dreams and becoming a mother after all of her hard work.

Though the pair have not publicly discussed the pregnancy yet, from the way they strolled through the streets of New York and posed for the cameras happily and the way they have been talking about being parents for a while– it’s not hard to tell that they are indeed thrilled. Many await more news about the pregnancy and are excited about it for both Rihanna and Rocky!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hi! I'm Deniz. I'm an international student from Turkey, and a junior at FSU, majoring in advertising and minoring in criminology! I'm currently an editor at Her Campus at FSU and a writer for Spoon University. I love creating and sharing things and enjoy music, art, and writing :)