Drag-Racing to the Finish Line

Let loose and walk that freaking duck! As season 15 of RuPaul’s Drag Race comes to a close, the final four contestants danced it out in the semi-final episode. With a season full of shade, tea and Vogue-ing, fans are anxiously awaiting the finale. 

Last Friday, March 31, the final four contestants, Anetra, Sasha Colby, Luxx Noir London and Mistress Isabelle Brooks, danced off in a music video to a remix of RuPaul’s original song, “Blame it on the Edit.” Mistress struggled at first with learning the dance moves from the show’s choreographer, Miguel Zarate. Eventually, she was able to pull it off when filming began straight after the lesson. Anetra also had issues despite specializing in ballroom and improvised dancing. In the end, the queens put on their pumps and stunned audiences in the final black and white galactic video, deeming it to be one that would go down in the “herstory” books. 

As always, Mistress was bejeweled from head to toe, dressed in a glimmering navy blue gown for the video. Sasha looked like a being straight from outer space that had just stepped onto the ship. Luxx opted to combine singing into her rap verse, which impressed the judges while she danced in a Marilyn Monroe-inspired outfit. Anetra pulled out her studded head cap, throwing it back to her entrance look from the first episode.  

As tradition goes, the queens also had a Tic Tac Chat with host, RuPaul, and judge, Michelle Visage. Each of them opened up to the host and judge about their experiences in the competition, as well as what winning would mean to them. Sasha Colby’s chat brought viewers to tears as she discussed as her childhood had comprised of disapproval from her mother, combined with her father’s approval and eventual suicide. As a Hawaiian and transgender woman, and a former Miss Continental winner, Sasha is a trailblazer for season 15.  

The final four queens took to the runway and strut down one last time before the finale. Anetra led the group, walking in a velvet, royal blue gown with an artistically sculpted white jeweled wig. Luxx followed in a white, tailored gown with large, diamond earrings and a braided-back afro as accents. Sasha slayed the runway in a white gown with a towering floral headpiece nodding to her heritage. Mistress finished off the runway in a muted, yellow gown dripping in shimmering, yellow and black beads forming leopard print. 

RuPaul gave a “condragulations” to Sasha Colby as she was named the winner of the music video challenge, putting her at four wins for this season and pulling far ahead of her fellow competitors. Luxx was pronounced as safe and Anetra and Mistress geared up for the lip sync for their lives. Anetra and Mistress danced it out on the stage, including walking that duck, to “When Love Takes Over” by David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland. After a stunning lip sync, for the first time this season, RuPaul said, “Shantay you both stay!” All four queens are moving on to the season finale. 

With the semi-final episode coming to a close, fans are placing their bets on who will win the crown. Sasha has been a frontrunner throughout the season as a well-known queen with a lengthy resume. Luxx and Anetra served intricate and well-thought-out looks each week. Mistress brought back classic, exaggerated drag makeup and sparkles with her Texan flair. Each queen brings something different to the table, leaving all the remaining queens in a close race for the crown.

This Friday, April 7, all of the season 15 contestants will sit down for the Reunion followed by the season finale on Friday, April 14. Catch all the drama and looks on MTV.  

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest! 

Erin is a senior at FSU majoring in Criminology minoring in International Affairs. In addition to Her Campus, she is involved in Transfer Genius program, Leadership LOGIC, and studied abroad in Italy Fall 2022. Erin enjoys being spending time with friends, cooking, and catching up on reality television.