Booty Busters: Home Workout Edition

We’re back with another themed week on the site: Fitness Week. This semester, Her Campus FSU has created themed weeks dedicated to exclusive content we believe all of our readers should have access to. Keep up on the site for the next few days as we cover everything from the best yoga places in Tallahassee to easy, at-home workouts to help you prep for that summer bod to a one-on-one with FSU’s very own Bikini Body Guides (#BBG girls) rep. Don’t miss out!

There are a million and one excuses as to why you can’t workout today: loads of homework, an exam or two, there won’t be parking at the Leach, all of the machines will be taken or you just don’t feel up to it. These are all semi-legitimate reasons. However, there are so many easy, yet effective, workout routines that you can do in the privacy of your own home. All you need is your floor, a chair and some resistance bands (optional) if you’ve got them. Here are 10 quick and easy at-home workouts for a toned butt and thighs.

Complete four sets of 12-20 reps for each exercise. For more of a challenge, place a medium-heavy resistance band below your knees and keep the band taut.

Bridge

Courtesy: Rdella training

Lay with your back on the floor and keep your knees bent at a right angle. Push your hips upwards as far as you can, hold for a few seconds and then lower back down to starting position.

One-leg bridge

Courtesy: Slim Top Me

Get into the same starting position as the previous exercise, and lift one leg off the floor towards the ceiling making sure to pay attention to form and not rush through the move.

Bulgarian Squat

Courtesy: Scenes.SG

Facing away from a chair, extend one foot behind you so that it rests on the seat and slowly bend your other knee, keeping it at or behind your foot, like a lunge but with one leg-then return back to starting position.

Wall Squat/Sit

Courtesy: Strong Top Me

With your back against a wall, stand straight up with your feet slightly wider than your hips and about two-three feet in front of you. Lower yourself down slowly into a squat, hold for a couple seconds and then focus on lifting yourself back to starting position through your hamstrings.

Leg Lifts – Regular, Front and Back

Courtesy: Amazon AWS

Lie on your side with one leg placed directly on top of the other.  Lift your leg as high as you can and lower it down slowly.

Lie on your side and extend one leg out in front of you, keeping it straight and flexing your foot. Lift the leg as high as you can and then slowly lower.

Lie on your side and extend one leg straight out behind you, keeping your foot flexed, then slowly lift and lower your leg.

Pilates Inner Thigh Lift

Courtesy: Pop Sugar

Lie on your side and bend your knee, crossing it over your body so that it touches the floor. Slowly lift and lower your other leg.

Side Step

Courtesy:  NASM

Stand with legs about shoulder-width apart and place a resistance band around your shins. Take a wide step to the right, bending your knees slightly, and then bring the other leg to the right as well. Remember to keep the band taut. Repeat to the left. Complete four sets of 25 reps on each side, or 200 total. It sounds like a lot (it is) but repetition is key with resistance band exercises. Learn to embrace the booty burn.

Donkey Kicks

Courtesy: Pop Sugar

Start with your hands and knees on the ground, flex your foot and raise your leg as high as you can while still keeping it at a 90-degree angle the entire time. Imagine you are leaving a footprint on the ceiling.

No gym, no problem! Perfect for a quick workout or an addition to your weekly routine, these 10 easy moves help to shape and tone your glutes and thighs. Make sure to add some fitness to your schedule. Summer’s coming, Collegiettes!

Hope is a Junior double majoring in Media Communication Studies and Sociology. She enjoys listening to music, traveling, and spending time by the pool/beach.
Her Campus at Florida State University.