7 Signs It’s No Longer Syllabus Week (as Told by the 80s)

As of Monday, we will have officially been in the 2015 fall semester for five weeks now. As amazing as that sounds, many of us, including myself, are in the mindset that it’s still syllabus week. For the sake of everyone’s grades, I’ve attached an awkward, 80s-style list of all the signs that it’s not syllabus week along with tips to better improve your studious lifestyles. I hope this motivates all you Collegiettes to open your textbooks and finally start making your way to class. 

1. The library is busy. While you may be curious as to why Club Stroz is turning up, it’s a sign that people are actually starting to study. What better way than to go to a packed library and wander around aimlessly trying to find a table to sit down at? 

Courtesy: Giphy.com

2. You’re having trouble finding someone to go out with. It’s a given that your friends are most likely doing something productive. Tip for success: hop on the bandwagon and join your friends at their study sessions instead. You may not have a test this week, but you’d be surprised by how much work you still have to do. Also, no one likes a loner at the bar.

Courtesy: Giphy.com

3. Drop/add is over – and it’s been over. Not only is it over, but you hate half the classes you signed up for and wish you’d switched out of them before registration closed. But hey, there’s still pass/fail.

Courtesy: Giphy.com

4. You finally put your bar money towards textbook purchases. Shockingly enough, most people only end up using it once. Tip for success: try opening the book. It really does have a bunch of information that will help you with your upcoming exams. After all, your teacher told you to buy it for a reason.

Courtesy: Giphy.com

5. You’ve skipped a few classes now. You’re registered. Who cares about the rest of the semester, right? Tip for success: you’ll most likely get better grades if you dedicate that one hour of your day to show up.

Courtesy: Giphy.com

6. Your grades are finally coming in. While some of you may have recently opened your Blackboard accounts, it’s scary to see how many zeros have already started showing up on your grade book. Take another look at your syllabus and start doing those short online assignments. You still have time to prevail this semester.

Courtesy: Giphy.com

7. Your first test is this week. You’re finally starting to take school seriously, so that’s one step in the right direction! Tip for success: grab some coffee, find a study spot and open your textbook. While I don’t recommend cram-studying, do what you’ve got to do.

Courtesy: Giphy.com

Well, there you have it. Seven of the most unfortunately truthful facts all laid out for you. I hope this list will remind you that you’re still in school and you’re here for a degree… atleast I hope you are. Best of luck with your studies, Collegiettes! 

Her Campus at Florida State University.