7 Rom-Coms You Need to Add to Your Valentine’s Day Movie Marathon

Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and whether you plan to spend it with the girls, with your man or even as some well-deserved alone time, you shouldn’t skip out on indulging in a series of rom-coms. The list below should help you develop the perfect happy ending for this romantic holiday!

1. Pretty Woman:

To start out your movie marathon, begin with the classics. Although there are plenty of other classics, nothing can beat Pretty Woman and a bundle of warm, freshly baked cookies.

Courtesy: Buzzfeed

2. Moonstruck:

This movie is often surpassed by many new movies with similar themes, but it’s still incredibly good (kinda like how the red Starbursts are great, but right now pink is all the rage). This Italian New York romance stars not only the dapper young Nick Cage (you definitely need to check him out if you haven’t!) but also the gorgeous and talented Cher!

Courtesy: Giphy

3. 10 Things I Hate About You:

If you’re in the mood for something more modern, you should definitely curl up and follow the emotional turmoil of the relationship that is Kat and Patrick. Kat was never supposed to fall in love, never wanted it, but it happened to her anyway. Such a lucky gal!

Courtesy: Giphy

4. Love Actually:

If you’re looking for eight movies wrapped in one because you don’t have time to marathon, or you made a deal with your significant other that you could only watch one, then this is the movie for you. Bring your wine glass and celebrate Valentine’s Day by making up a festive drinking game to go along with the movie!

Courtesy: Giphy

5. 27 Dresses:

This movie follows the love story of a serial bridesmaid who finally finds love. She has been pining after the man of her dreams while all of her other friends are getting married (sounds relatable), until she finally, unknowingly, meets the man for her. Although this movie seems so cliché, it’s adorable and fills a special place in your heart.

Courtesy: Giphy

6. The Proposal:

There is no person on the planet who doesn’t love Sandra Bullock, especially when she stars as such a high-class girl-boss. Her male co-star is Ryan Renolds = major eye candy. It’s super easy to convince your boyfriend to watch this movie with you because of the societal love for Sandra and Ryan. The plot follows a Canadian immigrant whose work visa expires and needs to get married to keep her job and stay in the country. Watch the movie to find out who the immigrant is and if true love exists in this unlikely relationship!

Courtesy: Giphy

7. How to Be Single:

If you’re looking for a movie that’s not so much about a relationship, but more about finding yourself, this one is definitely for you. The plot is about a woman who breaks up with her long-term boyfriend to experience single life and the people she meets along the way.

Courtesy: Giphy

To all my friends who are romance-binging, remember to keep your tissues close and keep your chocolate Dove. Happy movie marathoning!

A major in Criminology with an interest in everything else
Her Campus at Florida State University.