If you were anything like me, you went and watched You season 2 as soon as it came out and immediately took to the internet for fan theories, interviews and of course, the memes. Season 1 left off with Joe ending his girlfriend, Beck’s, life. The new season begins with Joe’s speedy escape from his ex, Candace, by moving all the way to Los Angeles. Now that is an extreme way to avoid talking to someone. There were a lot of things about this season that stood out but the ending still has us reeling. All I’m going to say is the wait will be a long one but here are a few of the best You memes on Twitter right now that sums up our thoughts on Joe Goldberg’s greatest hits from Season 2. If you have not seen season 2 yet, beware of the spoilers following.

Courtesy: Twitter

We all have that one friend who can find anyone and everyone on the internet with just their name and description and sometimes not even that. This tweet goes out to all those internet lurkers who can probably find you even better than Joe can.

Courtesy: Twitter

We were all thinking about how Joe was out here pretending he was not as crazy or crazier than Love was. Sorry, Joe, you are still definitely the craziest one on this show and it looks like that’s not going to change after seeing that season 2 ending.

Courtesy: Twitter

There are so many memes on the internet about Joe’s plexiglass prison that it needs to be addressed. Honestly, we could all use a nice “relaxing” vacay away from the stress of everyday life to take a nap. A nap in the glass box that only one person has ever escaped from sounds perfect.

Courtesy: Twitter

Somehow when Joe puts on that classic jacket and hat, he becomes invisible. This one of a kind, totally unique outfit of his gets the job done when he goes about town following people around. I feel like anyone would notice a creepy looking man right outside their window or on their street every day but I guess Beck and Love are not the most aware. 

Courtesy: Twitter

Lastly, in regards to that ending, we knew Joe was insane but even after finding his perfect match in Love and starting off fresh in suburbia like a typical modern family, Joe still finds fault with his life and we see that in his interest in his neighbor in the last few minutes of the show. With a girlfriend who knows his deepest secrets and a baby on the way, if Joe pursues his neighbor in Season 3, we all know that is not going to end well for anyone.

Joe Goldberg is somehow both a character that you condemn for his actions but end up rooting for, even though he is a psychopath. I have to constantly remind myself while watching that Joe is both the protagonist and the antagonist and I should want him to get caught. You creates this compelling character that is scarily normal and unassuming while hiding his true nature.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Literature major at FSU. Lover of Pinterest, books, a good cup of tea, and Disney.
Her Campus at Florida State University.