15 Emotions You Feel When Your Friends Graduate Before You

It happens in the blink of an eye. One minute you’re walking to class together on the first day of freshman year, and then all of the sudden time goes by and more and more credits get accumulated. Sciences? See ya, titration. Math? Adios, calculus. And then you realize while you may be slowly passing through school, your friends may be inching ahead of you. “How did that happen!?” you may ask yourself as they make their way to graduation check one day during spring semester. They are graduating before you! Although this is super exciting, it’s all so bittersweet. Here’s the rundown on how you may be feeling….

The initial shock kicks in.

How could they leave you behind!?

Together you formed a new family away from home.

They helped you learn some valuable skills in life.

Then strange new questions fill your brain… who will be there when you get cranky after an all-nighter!? 

Who will be your partner in crime!?

Being an adult is scary! How will you do it without them!?

You’re losing the person who didn’t judge what you ate at 4 in the morning. 

A few weeks into spring semester and you try to help them decide what to do with their lives…

Then the date has arrived. Graduation. Everyone is taking pictures, putting on their gowns, and actually walking across the stage.  

Behind the scenes you’re like:

But you know you are feeling SO proud of what they just accomplished.

Seriously. Feeling so proud. #allthefeels

When all is said and done, you know true friends last a lifetime.

Here’s to the next great adventure!

Amanda is a Senior at Florida State University who loves writing about local Tallahassee culture, anything fashion related, and tips to help all college girls live a happy & healthy lifestyle! She also has her own blog, www.affordablebyamanda.com where she talks about beauty, lifestyle, fashion and college related tips!
Her Campus at Florida State University.