If you’ve been blessed with freckles anywhere on your body, then you probably know a little bit about the skin struggle. When you were young, you may have despised them. When you were breaking out, you probably thanked your lucky stars for having freckles to camouflage your pesky pimples. Now that you’re grown, hopefully, you’ve learned to embrace them and love them for what they are: unique. Understandably though, flaunting your freckles isn’t always easy and they can oftentimes end up frustrating you to no end, but you’re not alone. Below are eleven struggles only freckle-faced people understand.
1. You will never stop getting asked how many freckles you have. Ever.
People ask as if you have the time or the sheer amount of patience that one would need to count each and every single one of your freckles.
2. The second most asked question you get is: “can I connect the dots?”
The answer will always, always, always be heck to the no. Do you know how long that would take to wash off? Because, yes, Sharpies are indeed permanent.
3. As a child, your mother probably insisted that your freckles were “kisses from angels.”
No, no, no, no, no.
4. When you were younger, you also may have been forced to wear t-shirts over your cute swimsuits to protect your sensitive skin.
Let’s face it, you still have to do that.
5. If you forget sunscreen, you’re basically screwed.
Oh, honey, we all know that SPF 15 won’t cut it either. You better whip out the big guns; SPF 100 and lather it on!
6. The sunscreen doesn’t really even matter though because your freckles are basically immune to it and will continue to spawn anyways.
But…maybe so many will accumulate that they will all start to turn into one big freckle which will almost give off the allusion that you’re tan! (PSA: that doesn’t happen.)
7. It will take endless trial and error in order to figure the right amount of foundation to apply.
Too little does nothing and too much results in a case of the cake-face. It’s basically a constant battle between wanting that “finished” look, while also wanting to flaunt your freckles.
8. You’ve been stopped one-too-many-times by children asking why you have “spots” all over your face.
Or maybe they just compared you to a cheetah or a giraffe.
9. Sometimes you’ll notice a new freckle somewhere on your body, but then you’ll question whether or not it’s been there all along and you’ve just been neglecting its presence.
Freckles have feelings too!
10. Debating whether that little spot on your cheek is a blackhead, a full-blown pimple, or a freckle.
“Should I try to pop it?” Just no.
11. You were probably super annoyed by the “faux freckle” trend.
Oh no baby, what is you doing? Your freckles are all-natural and you’re pretty lucky that you don’t have to drop a pretty penny on beauty products just to give you fake freckles so you can stay “on trend.” (Do you really blame them though? Freckles are pretty great.)
There’s no denying that you’ve been working them since day one, so continue to flaunt them with pride!