As a short girl – We are talking about 4’11, 4’11 and ¾ on a good day; I know the struggle of being a petite woman very well. This has affected my whole life; for better or for worse, I cannot go a day without being reminded of my height. If you have ever had to ask someone to help you reach for something on the top shelf, then girl, I feel ya.
Here are 10 of the biggest struggles only those that are vertically challenged would understand.
1. You are tired of hearing the ol’ “you’re not short, you’re fun sized”
2. You have to adjust your car seat it’s super close to the steering wheel so that you can reach the pedals
3. People love to play “Guess how old you are,” with you. It’s ok, because when you are forty you are going to look 21 and poppin’
4. People always use you as an arm rest
5. You can never find jeans that properly fit
6. Taking standing up pictures with people is always super awkward cause they look like giants next to you
7. People always ask if they can carry you
8. Uh, I don’t know how to put it. Let’s just say, we don’t always get the best view down here.
9. You always get roasted at bars by the bouncer and it’s always so embarrassing
10. People always ask you if you buy your shoes in the kid’s section. So what if I do, huh? They are actually a lot cheaper, so joke is on you.
While it does get old whenever people ask you how the weather is down there, short is beautiful. We all come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, and that is what makes us unique. Love yourself and love your body.