10 Signs That You’re Addicted To Makeup

When you think of the word “makeup,” how many of your friends come to mind? Or maybe even thoughts of yourself? If you would spend your last dollar on the latest brush or shadow you are the epitome of an addict, and if your bathroom counter looks like a Sephora kiosk then this is definitely a read for you. Here are ten signs that you are addicted to makeup:

1. You opened this article just from looking at the title.

The minute you scrolled through the section of blogs, this popped up and you immediately clicked it. You probably got so excited that you double-clicked and the link didn’t work the first time, causing you to take a deep breath to relax. 

2. The first thing your paycheck goes to is a makeup item that you feel is a necessity but you truly already have it in your collection.

3. You get so bored sitting around the house that you decide to just play with makeup because it’s not expensive at all. (Sarcasm.)

4. You know every shade of MAC lipstick by name.

Ruby Woo? No, more like an Up the Amp type of day. You can look at a strangers’ lips and tell whether it is Satin, Amplified, or Matte just by a quick glance. God forbid it’s a color you’ve never seen, but you’ll probably just ask her what it is.

5. For a casual day of school from 9:30 to noon, you toss a light layer of foundation on…oh, and eyeliner on top and bottom. What the heck, the eyebrows and a touch of concealer too. You also add a coat of Rebel on the lips. Something light, you know?

6. The majority of the people you follow on Instagram have “MUA” in their bio.

Your friends may have the nicest recent picture posted, but right above theirs is one eye full of makeup that you just have to double tap and write a comment for — which is never going to be responded to.

7. You own about ten different red lipsticks because they all provide those specific different looks that you love.

8. You judge people by how well their eyebrows are penciled in.

Because everyone knows to never use black to pencil in your brows, and that your eyebrow color should be the same color as your hair. Duh.

9. You get more excited about MAC and Sephora sales than you do about free T-shirts in the Union.

10. On average, it takes you three hours to get dressed for nights out and days are long too — 30 minutes for clothes and about two and a half hours to make sure your face is contoured to perfection.

You’re the friend that is the first notified of the plans and is still the last one ready. You just have to highlight your cheek bones perfectly, even though you’re going to sweat it all off at The Strip. Then again, you bought expensive primer, so it will probably last all night long.

Kiandra Brooks, originally from Miami, FL is a senior at Florida State with a passion for all things artsy and fashion. Majoring in Creative Writing with a minor in Communications, she has big aspirations to move to a big city and flourish as a magazine journalist and dancer. When she’s not editing her works, she is dancing her life away at the studio. Kiandra loves a good book in her free time and is beyond excited to see what this last year has in store for her. This girl is always up for a good time, just be sure to bring some Chipotle along. Oh yeah, just hold the guacamole. 
Her Campus at Florida State University.