10 Reasons Why Jameis Winston is the Bomb.com

As FSU’s rising star continues to gain not only local, but national attention, Florida State University students and fans watch with excitement and anticipation as the school’s name and pride is carried in the hands of 19 year old, Jameis Winston. Born in Hueytown, Alabama and currently attending Florida State, he stands as one of the top names in college football, a QB extraordinaire, a Heisman favorite, and still not even a day over 20. There is no question here, Jameis Winston is without a doubt the bomb.com, and here are 10 reasons why.

1. Despite any oncoming obstacles, Jameis manages to stay positive. Alongside his inspirational locker-room speeches and admirable show of sportsmanship shared with teammates, coaches, and rivals alike, you can always find the man smiling.

Look at the guy; he has a smile that could part the clouds on a rainy day.

2. The man is humble. He handles media and mass attention with such calm, cool, and collectiveness, never shying away from praising his team and thanking others.

Jameis Winston: the man, the myth, the legend, and the giver of team hugs.

3. Famous Jameis, Jameis Christ, WINston, or Jaboo… there’s no denying, he has the best nicknames.

I know I do.

4. He’s a better dancer than 99% of us will ever be.

http://gifsoup.com/NDc5ODEyMw

Here’s a gif of Jameis doing the MC Hammer dance better than you.

5. Big crowds don’t scare Famous Jameis. When going up against the Clemson Tigers (and beating them, naturally) he said it best himself: “We’re not playing against the crowd. We’re playing the Clemson Tigers. I don’t think we’ll let a crowd defeat us.”

Pictured here, a man un-phased by a sea of horrendous orange.

6. Jameis is a well-rounded athlete. Not only is he our star quarterback, but also a former FSU Baseball player.

He was actually drafted in the 15th round of the MLB Draft by the Texas Rangers in 2012.

7. He has a bromance with his coach and it’s pretty much the best.

I mean, look at the two.

8. Speaking of bromances, Poppa Winston insists on calling him “baby” and it is also the best. During the Clemson game this past weekend, Antonor Winston was televised cheering, “That’s my baby!” And yes, it was precious.

Even from his start, his parents have had his back. Antonor and Loretta, pictured above with Jameis, were right by his side when he took on his garnet and gold.

9. His numbers do the talking. He’s a redshirt freshman with 2,177 passing yards, completing 128 of 183 pass attempts (70%), and 23 touchdowns in just seven games this season.

I know exactly how to put this; Jameis Winston is a big deal.

10. Jameis for Heisman? It’s the question that’s been circulating ever since he entered the game, and even more so now after leading the Seminoles to a 51-14 lead against Clemson and their notorious Death Valley. He’s in the running alongside Oregon’s Marcus Mariota and Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel for the 2013 Heisman trophy, which, solely judging from this impressive list, should be a no brainer.

And on that note, #JameisforHeisman and go ‘Noles.

Alexandra Lauren is a senior at Florida State, born and raised in Miami, Florida, and has a passion for books, traveling, coffee, and 90’s R&B. 
Maria Losada is a senior at Florida State University pursuing a double major in International Affairs and Editing, Writing and Media. She is driven by her passion for writing and seeks to inspire others through it.  She loves learning about different cultures, languages, and especially enjoys tasting international cuisines!  On her down time you can catch her dancing salsa, reading articles from Her Campus FSU, or daydreaming about her next travel destination. She hopes to live in Washington D.C.  and work for an international development agency."Little by little, one travels far."