10 Nonspecific Items That Make My Life So Much Easier

Some people like to talk about their life’s essentials, the things that they could never live without. I, on the other hand, believe that it’s the little things that make a difference in our daily lives. Below are some items I could definitely live without, but my life would be much more miserable.

1. Muji Pens

When I visited my cousins in Canada this past summer, my life was changed after I walked into the Muji store at the Yorkdale Shopping Centre. In the past, I was a Pentel EnerGel enthusiast, but Muji Smooth Gel Ink pens have become a new favorite.

2. Moleskine Planner

My Moleskine planner keeps me organized and aware of upcoming deadlines and by doing so, keeps me sane as a person. The weekly planner is my favorite version of the Moleskine planner because the left page has the entire week to fill out while the right page is just lined paper for any miscellaneous notes.

3. Stance Socks

Stance socks have been the most comfortable socks I’ve worn to date. They’re thick, soft, and come in an array of designs. I normally detest wearing socks to bed because I tend to feel suffocated in them, but I can now fall asleep on cold winter nights knowing I won’t rip my Stance socks off in the middle of the night.

4. Nutri Ninja

Having a compact blender the size of a Nutri Ninja has made my life in the kitchen so much easier. I don’t have to transfer my smoothies into a second container, which reduces the amount of time I spend on cooking.

5. Real Techniques Expert Face Liquid and Cream Foundation Makeup Brush

Navigating the world of makeup brushes has always been an intimidating process for me, especially when I was still learning how to apply makeup. This brush has never let me down and is extremely versatile due to its domed shape. I routinely use this brush to apply my foundation, blush, and bronzer.

6. Running Shoes

I find long-distance running to be an extremely low-maintenance sport with many benefits. Aside from proper workout clothes, the only real necessities are a good pair of running shoes and a place to run. Finding the right pair of running shoes can make a world of difference in your running experience, especially if you decide to run long distances. When I ran my first half-marathon, I wore a pair of Asics Gel Nimbuses, which had just the right amount of cushion to my liking.

7. Electric Kettle

As someone who enjoys drinking tea and coffee, having an electric kettle around is life-changing. I don’t have to leave my apartment to buy a drink; I can make drinks whenever I want. Latte at 10 p.m. when all the cafes are closed? Yes. Green tea with honey and lemon for the cough that’s keeping me awake at two in the morning? Coming right up!

8. Puzzles

In an effort to decrease the amount of screen time on my phone, I’ve rediscovered my love for puzzle-making. The task itself is rewarding, mentally stimulating, and I don’t have to worry about getting a headache from staring at a screen for so long. I gravitate toward larger puzzles that have anywhere from 500 to 1000+ pieces because I enjoy the challenge.

9. Vietnamese Iced Coffee

Vietnamese iced coffee is an unbeaten classic. It’s rich, sweet, and easy to make. The coffee that drips from the phin filter is highly concentrated and doesn’t lose its flavor to the addition of sweetened condensed milk. Coffee lovers who enjoy the taste of coffee but also have a sweet tooth should give Vietnamese iced coffee a try.

1o. Powerbeats Pro

I love waking up each day knowing that I would actually have to try to lose one of my Powerbeats Pro earbuds. The ear-hooks that secure the earbuds are lightweight and comfortable, perfect for movement. Each earbud provides up to nine hours of listening time, which means I can enjoy longer workouts without suffering in silence.

Sometimes, it’s the small luxuries in life that make each day all the more bearable. What are yours?

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Savannah is a Public Health major from Jacksonville, Florida. She enjoys long walks on the beach, playing piano, and long distance running.