element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Valentine’s Day Gifts the Guy in Your Life Actually Wants (That You Can Actually Afford)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

So Valentine’s Day is just a few days away and you have yet to buy your guy a gift. Before you freak out and lose all hope, I’ve come up with a few suggestions to help you out. It’s a well-known fact that it’s hard to buy presents for men. Plus even when you finally find the perfect gift, it’s typically out of your price range. That’s where this list comes in; eight ideas for gifts they would actually enjoy, that you can actually afford. Whether you’re just getting to know each other or you’ve celebrated a few anniversaries, there is something here that they would be more than happen receiving.

Knit Hat for their Favorite Sports Team

This one is simple and practical. He’ll be supporting his favorite team while also keeping his head warm. It’ll especially be great when he has to trek to class through the snow, or on Saturday mornings when his hair is a little messy but he needs to grab breakfast. There are hats for nearly every professional team out there, so no matter his preference, there will be one he’ll enjoy.

Leather Wallet

Everyone needs a wallet, and I bet half the guys out there are using one they’ve had for years that desperately needs to be replaced. Walmart has a decent selection of leather wallets that are less expensive than they look. Pick him up a nice black wallet that will go with everything.

Dollar Shave Club Membership

The Dollar Shave Club is a perfect gift for any guy who shaves, whether he’s always clean-shaven or if he just needs to clean up his beard from time to time. It’s not a one-size-fits-all membership either; you can pick the razor blades and add-ons (like shave butter or post shave moisturizer) and the package can be shipped every month with new blades and add-ons. You can cancel at any time, and you also have the option to upgrade or downgrade the blade type. He has a clean face, you give a great gift, and everyone wins!

Cologne

Get your guy a gift that you can enjoy as well. Some nice cologne will make him feel like a million bucks, and all of his hoodies will smell great when you borrow them. Ask his roommate or friends to find out which one he typically uses so you’re sure to get one he’ll enjoy. If you can’t find out or if he doesn’t frequently use cologne, pick out a scent the both of you will enjoy. I guarantee if he knows you like it, he’ll use it more often.

Concert/Sporting Event Tickets

You have to act quickly for this one. Ticketmaster currently has a deal for Valentine’s Day for 2 For 1 tickets to see artists like Journey, Lil Wayne, and Charles Kelley, or tickets to various sporting events like college hockey or Harlem Globetrotter games. Whether he’s a music or sports guy, there is bound to be an event he would enjoy, and sometimes an experience is the best gift.

Gas Card

Besides refusing to give you present ideas, men also tend to refuse accepting gas money. After bringing you out to dinner or just picking you up after work when you don’t want to wait for the Ram Tram, they deserve some sort of compensation. They can’t refuse a gas card and they would never let that go to waste. It’s such a simple way to say thank you for carting you around town.

Coupon Book

This sounds lame but hear me out. You can make this gift completely for free and it is 100% personalized. Design the coupons on your laptop or draw them by hand. If you’re stuck for ideas for coupons try ones for a back massage, breakfast in bed, or a movie night of his choice! Pinterest is another great place to find ideas for coupons as well.

POP! Figure

Funko Pop figures are a great collectible item that won’t go over your budget. There’s one for nearly everything you could imagine, from TV shows to movies to athletes. You could even buy more than one to start a new collection for him!

More commonly known as Katy, I am a senior marketing major at Framingham State University. I enjoy long walks to the dessert section of the dining commons, reading into The Wonder Years lyrics, and adding to my growing collection of All Time Low t-shirts (the current count is 26). If you need me, I'm probably napping.