Top 10 Quotes from The Office that College Students Can Relate to

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

1. “I’m running away from my responsibilities. And it feels good.” –Michael Scott

Every college student has had that moment when they have an essay due the next morning, a test to study for, a chapter to read, a club meeting to attend and on top of all of that they have to work. But, instead of doing any of these they decide to take a nap, or go to the mall, or do anything at all that will distract them from these responsibilities. And it does feel good…until the next morning when you realize you now have to do all these things before your 8:30 class.

2. “There’s too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.” –Dwight Schrute

Have you ever gone to the dining hall at 12:30 to get lunch? Or how about at 6:30 to get dinner? Or you get stuck behind a crowd of people who decide to take up the whole sidewalk while walking as slow as a snail moves.

3. “I wish there was a way to know you’re in the good old days, before you’ve actually left them.” –Andy Bernard

Whether you’re a freshman in college reminiscing about high school or you’re a senior remembering your college days, this quote is relatable to anyone who is moving on to a new chapter in their lives.

4. “It’s never too early for ice cream, Jim.” –Michael Scott

For college students it’s never too early or too late for ice cream, or any other sweet food for that matter. Whether it’s the only thing in your freezer for breakfast or you just need a midnight snack, ice cream will do the trick.

5. “Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God…” –Kelly Kapoor

If there is ever moment when you, as a college student, are not thinking or saying this then consider yourself lucky. As a freshman, with constant anxiety, this is what goes through my brain whenever I need to make a decision about anything.

6. “Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.” –Michael Scott

Wikipedia says Plato was an ancient Hawaiian weatherman and surfer, and you have a paper due on Plato in 2 hours? Then Plato was an ancient Hawaiian weatherman and surfer.

7. “Not to point out the glaringly obvious, but doesn’t the fact that I’m in this group make anyone feel just a little bit better?” –Ryan Howard

Group projects suck. They suck even more when all the other members of your group are failing the class and you know that you’re going to end up doing all of the work. They should feel lucky having you in their group.

8. “I want pet day back.” –Angela Martin

If there was ever a time when Framingham State had a pet day, I’m pretty sure all of the students here would vote to bring it back. Many would probably be up for changing family weekend to pet weekend. No offense parents, but we miss our furry family members too!

9. “I don’t want to do anything, I’m dying.” –Michael Scott

I would say this is a pretty universal statement that comes out of every college student’s mouth at least once.

10. “If you bring your boss to class, it automatically bumps you up a full letter grade. So… I’d be stupid not to do it, right?” –Ryan Howard

College students will do anything to boost their grade. Even if it means going as far as Ryan and bringing your crazy boss to class.

Victoria Bailey

Framingham '20

vice president & senior editor of Her Campus Framingham