danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Vice President and Senior Editor of Her Campus Framingham: Victoria Bailey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Year of graduation: 2020

Major: English with a Spanish minor

Tell me about yourself.

I’m an English major and I go to Framingham State University. I like going to concerts, it’s pretty much the only thing I will spend money on. I’m not sure what I want to do after college. 

How would you describe yourself?

I’m independent in a lot of aspects of my life. I’m also very organized. I’m kind of the opposite of spontaneous, I like to have a plan with whatever it is I’m doing. 

What do you consider your greatest weakness? 

I’m not good at putting myself out there. I would say I’m an introvert. I don’t always do well in big groups of people, except for Her Campus meetings. (Victoria is vice president and senior editor of Her Campus Framingham).

What is your greatest strength?​

I’d like to think that I’m nice to everyone, or at least I try to be. I work in retail, so I know how mean people can be so I try to be a decent person to everyone, whether I know them or not. 

Why did you choose to go to FSU?

Honestly, because it was the cheapest option. In high school I didn’t really want to go to college, I just didn’t think I was for me, but I felt like I had to go. I didn’t put much thought into choosing a school. I also already knew the campus a little because my sister had a friend that went here and I’d been to visit before. When I got on campus I liked how small it was, and now I enjoy going here.

What do you plan on doing after graduating?

I don’t really know. Hopefully something with writing, or editing maybe. I’d also like to travel if I get the chance.

Do you have any regrets?

I regret not being as involved my first semester at college. It was rough and I remember hating it. I didn’t want to be here and I didn’t really talk to anyone and would just stay in my room. I feel like if I’d gotten more involved as a freshman it would’ve made my first year experience easier.

Biggest struggle in college?

Probably my classes. I didn’t like school in high school, and the academic aspect is still not really my favorite in college. The workload can be hard to manage while also trying to balance the other aspects of my life. 

Why did you join Her Campus?

I joined because I wanted to get involved in school. I wasn’t in any clubs in high school and I wanted to change that here. Everyone always told me I needed to join clubs to meet people. I knew I liked to write and I stumbled upon Her Campus and I loved being a part of it, so I stayed!

Adriana Vaughan

Framingham '22

I'm in love with makeup and dogs.