Interview Post-Grad Edition: Meet Colin Plouffe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

When did you graduate?

May 2017

What did you study at Framingham State?

I started as Computer Science, but switched to Finance after a year. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Finance.

How did it feel to finish college?

It was one of my proudest moments in life, I was proud of my achievements. I felt ready for what was next after graduation.

Where are you currently employed?

I am currently a Solutions Engineer at at ScerIs Inc. in Sudbury, MA.

What process did you go through to find your job?

I started off by going to career services to rewrite and restructure my resume. I used Ramtrack to apply to jobs. I met my current employer at the spring career fair, which lead to a formal interview and a job offer.

Are you enjoying post-grad life?

Yes, I felt like I was ready to move on from school. There are parts about school I miss, like having more free time and the atmosphere of school, but I like having a steady career and learning new skills for my career. It’s nice being able to go home at night and not have to worry about all different classes. I like to come home and focus on a couple things that will improve my career.

How do you feel your time at FSU has prepared you for post-graduation?

I think being in college helped me increase my social skills and working with/for other people. Going to FSU also helped me learn how to think instead of what to think.

What was the most valuable lesson you learned while attending FSU?

It taught me how to work hard towards the goal of achieving graduating. It taught me that there are many different types of people in the world and how to work with our differences.

What do you miss most about FSU?

I miss just having more free time to spend with friends on campus. After graduation I still see my friends, but people move back home or far away and it’s harder to see them.

What is advice you’d share with seniors graduating?

Be confident, be proud of your achievement and don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.