This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

For many women, November 8th did not go as they had hoped. For Clinton supporters, it’s discouraging to see (who we believe to be) one of the most qualified people to ever run for president lose to a man who has never held an office in public service; it certainly was heartbreaking for me. There is currently a lot of hate and an effort to keep faith and spread love. At least that’s what I’m seeing around me.

I was so sure I was going to be on cloud nine right on through inauguration day because I expected Clinton to win and see our country progress with a woman leading the way. But it didn’t happen and I understand I have to accept that. Personally, I was so upset with the results that I genuinely believed that I would never live to see a woman be our country’s president. I went through all of Wednesday with a knot in my stomach and that thought haunting over me. However, I kept hearing and reading, slowly but surely, people who weren’t losing their hope in how the country can grow. There’s people donating, advocating, sending their love and respect and support for one another in a time in which it’s needed.

Seeing and hearing these made me regain the faith that we will have a woman elected as president soon enough. There is a smart, motivated, young woman who is ready to get involved in her community.  There’s a senator who took this loss as a challenge and plans to work even harder. There’s an intern making her plan to get into the white house. There’s a student who is taking political science and discovering that’s what she is meant to do.

Now, to our future Madame President, whoever you are, you can do it, despite the backlash and obstacles. You are what this country needs and deserves. You will inspire women young and old. You will be the reason young girls will say they want to be president one day. You will help strong women be stronger. You may not end sexism but you will make so many women feel safer knowing you’re there to help. Until then, please continue to work hard and help others. Learn as much as you can and work as hard as you can for us.

Please, future Madame President, don’t forget that it’s possible. I know it’s hard to remember that you actually can achieve anything because people are going to act like you can’t. But you have to ignore them and remember your potential. You have so much potential! And if you fall down, it’s ok; just do your best to get right back up. And maybe watch a couple episodes of Parks and Rec to get more motivation and inspiration.

Finally, future Madame President, Hilary made us proud for getting this far, and you’ll make us proud, too.

Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.