Foods to Eat on Valentine’s Day to Get Over the Fact You Have No Bae (Yet)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

1. Chocolate. Must I explain? Chocolate has some magic in it that helps any strained heart forget the troubles in the world. Don’t like chocolate? Than anything that smells like chocolate should do the trick. The smell itself has an amazing way of making you feel whole and free from the looming fact no one will pick you up with romantic plans. Don’t like the smell of chocolate? Well there’s nothing I can do for, you’re a lost cause.

2. What tops chocolate? Well let’s try something not as sweet, but savory. A burrito or a taco. Yes, those two options are perfect if you find yourself about to cry your lonely eyes out. With a big juicy overfilled burrito in your mouth you won’t be able to cry, because you won’t be able to breathe. With a hard taco in your mouth you won’t be able to moan, because the taco would make you choke (and then you’ll look like a bigger mess). So, get a burrito with the fixings and/or a taco!

3. Now you’re probably feeling a little bitter and salty right now, I get it. Let me give you another food option to accompany your mood. Popcorn. Yes popcorn, you can make it salty, buttery stale, however you would like! Plus, its easy and fast to eat, you don’t have to think about it, you just eat. Maybe it will give you the motivation to get yourself out there, don’t think and just shoot your shot.

4. Finally, ice cream. Of course, we need this. We’re home baeless (or working baeless) and now our hearts are feeling weak, sad and unfulfilled. We need something hard, strong and bulky enough to fill our void. Ice cream comes as healthy as you want it or as unhealthy as you want, ice cream will not fail you.

On a more serious note, we don’t need to feel like we are unloved or unwanted when Valentine’s Day approaches. It’s a day to just celebrate love, so send some love to a friend, a parent, ANYBODY.