This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Dear Stumpy,

How can I tell if a guy wants to be more than friends? (FYI I am a lesbian and want to let him down easy). He buys me lunch, opens doors and wants to take me out to a movie. Help!!!

Make it known you’re not interested in men. If he is your friend he will understand and not try to make advances on you when you are unwilling. If he’s still pressuring you and making you feel uncomfortable, you should consider cutting him out of your life. You deserve to have people who accept you and don’t want to be only more than friends. Just be honest! Don’t be afraid to say “lesbihonest” and remember to stay true to yourself.

One of my friends and I had a falling out last semester. Some drama went down that I don’t really want to talk about. I tried apologizing to her and telling her that I value our friendship, but she keeps ignoring me as if I don’t exist. She’s one of my best friends, and I don’t want to lose her forever. What do you think I should do?

Keep your heart open for when she is ready to come back. It’s important to remember that losing friends is a part of life. You both might not be in the same part of life, if you really want to keep her as a friend you might have to wait until she is open to that friendship again. Let her know how you are feeling and be willing to listen to what she has to say. Remember friends come and go but stumpy is forever.

HCXO,

Stumpy

If you would like to submit a question to stumpy, please go to this link: http://goo.gl/forms/1Z68RmEB5Q

Stumpy the Squirrel (Unofficial Framingham State Mascot)
Marissa is a senior psychology major and photography minor at Framingham State University. She is an Academic Success Peer Tutor, SDA in the dorms. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Framingham and a Chapter Advisor. When she is not daydreaming, Marissa enjoys binge-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu and sleeping.