Angela Alves ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Name? “Angela Alves.”

Hometown? “Hudson, MA.”

Year? “Sophomore.”

Major? “Accounting.”

What’re you involved with on campus? “Anime Club, Pride Alliance, and Gaming Club.”

What’s your favorite anime? “Seraph of the End, Noragami, Fairy Tail, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Gangsta., No. 6.”

Who’s your role model and why? “My mom is my role model because she’s hard working, determined and she’s gone through many struggles in her life.”

What mythical creature would you want as a pet? “Dragon, it is powerful and can breathe fire. And I can fly on it! And I could name it Natsu, one of the main characters from Fairy Tail!”

If you were stuck on an island, what is the one item you would bring? “My phone.”

Given the opportunity to move permanently anywhere in the world where would you go and why? “Switzerland, because I have some family there, it’s gorgeous and it’s an economically well off country.”

What’s your favorite sport? “Basketball and soccer.”

Which soccer team do you support? “F.C Porto because my father supports that team and I like their mascot which is a dragon.”

What’s your favorite band? “The Starting Line, Blink-182, Sum 41,  Five Seconds of Summer, Fall Out Boy and Green Day.”

What’s your favorite season and why? “Summer because it’s a relaxing time of year. It’s a good time to get a tan, hang out at the beach and spend time with friends and travel. “

Given the opportunity which video game would you go into? “Legend of Zelda because I would love imagining myself being an adventurer exploring the land of Hyrule and saving the princess from evil.”

What’s your favorite building on campus and why? “O’Connor Hall because it’s in the middle of everything and it’s a pretty calm dorm.”

What are your feelings on pumpkin spice coffee? “I haven’t even tried it. I’m not really into coffee, but it sounds good though.”

If your life could be any genre of anime what would it be? “Slice of Life and comedy because I make the most out of college with my friends with smiles, memories, and laughs.”

Which starter Pokémon would you pick? “Charmander because he is both adorable and fierce as a Pokemon.”

What/who are you dressing up as for Halloween? “As a nerd.”

What is the proudest moment of your life? “The proudest moment of my life is being the person I am today thanks to my hardworking family and friends.”

If you could major in anything else, what would it be? “I could major in business it because not only most of my classes line up with that major, but I think it would be cool to help people out with their computer issues. I also could do Portuguese because I can speak it very well, I love to learn more about the language, and I could be useful an interpreter.”

How come you choose accounting as your major? “I chose accounting because I wanted a challenge, I’m interested in the work environment, and also interested in information on businesses and the business language.”

What shows on Netflix could you binge watch, apart from anime? “I could binge watch Orange is the New Black, Futurama, iZombie, Archer, and Bob’s Burgers.”

Which Disney movie do you love the most? “I love the Lion King the most because it resembles Hamlet.”

Hannah Lavin

Framingham

Hardcore napper and history nerd. Anime, cat and pun lover of no renown. Still waiting on that Hogwarts letter.
Marissa is a senior psychology major and photography minor at Framingham State University. She is an Academic Success Peer Tutor, SDA in the dorms. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Framingham and a Chapter Advisor. When she is not daydreaming, Marissa enjoys binge-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu and sleeping.