6 Shows on Netflix You Should Be Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Your Netflix recommendations for this season during your personal downtime from homework and studying from Her Campus club officer Serena on a scale from 1- 10! As someone who watches way too much Netflix, the shows I would like to recommend for right now would be:

If someone were to ask for a show that was a crossover between E.T. and Silent Hill, this show would be right for you. Stranger Things is about a group of friends who stumble into a mystery bigger than themselves and their little town can handle. Follow these friends as the uncover they mysteries of their new friend, her special powers, and just how far they are willing to go for their own people. The series is about 8 episodes long and is a Netflix Exclusive, so it’s super easy to get done in one weekend if you want a good chill before Halloween! My Rating:10

If you want a new adult animated series that is different from the average American Dad or Family Guy episode. Bojack is another Netflix only exclusive that has just come out with its third season and so far, there is nothing that I do not like about this show. Even when they deliver tasteful, yet adult-themed jokes, they still keep it fairly serious and address many issues we see in this day and age. From anxiety to depression, they treat it as it should rather than a big joke like other shows. All in all, it is a very well rounded show that I think anyone can enjoy. My Rating: 8

If somehow you have neither watched nor heard of It’s Always Sunny over the past 10 years like I have, I am here to tell you now we have missed out on one heck of a ride. In this show we follow a group of four friends (plus Danny Devito as the “Dad” of the group) try to run their own bar and take on life in the own, hysterical methods. Though they will show off their own big egos, it’s something to watch in order to make yourself feel like a better person. My Rating: 8

Going off the theme of adult-themed comedy series, I would like to talk about one of my all-time favorite shows I have found during my numerous Netflix binges, Bob’s Burgers. All around it is a show that ever member of the family could watch and enjoy, including the most adult themes that the older people can enjoy as well as relate too. Going on its seventh season on Fox this month, all of the first six seasons are on Netflix with each episode running about 20 minutes long, so it’s very easy to go through one has the time or needs a good, quick laugh between studying. My Rating: 9

From the same universe as The Avengers, Marvel and Netflix team up in order to bring you a superhero show that hardly even feels like our protagonist should be wearing tights and a cape. Even when she’s solving crimes and taking on the bad guys, this show can show us that even the strongest people can feel weak when it comes to our own mental health, which I think is a very good message to show in media. It is an action-packed series that will soon be coming out with a second season so there is still time to get caught up. I would also like to warn everyone that this show does reference post-traumatic stress and abuse, and how Jessica overcomes her past. My Rating: 8

From the author James Patterson comes a book-adapted series that does not require you to read the book in order to enjoy the show. If you have ever wanted an apocalyptic show without the undead running around, then let me tell you about Zoo. Zoo is a modern day series where the animals that we know and domesticated rebel against the humans that once ruled. With the second season airing right now on the CBS, you will enjoy this different take on the fall of mankind. My Rating: 7.5

Hello! My name is Serena and I am (technically) a senior at Framingham State, and Secretary of our Her Campus branch here in Framingham. I am a history major so you will always find my head buried in some kind of textbook, but I love to help my friends whenever I can give my forth-year advice to all of the new students!