What’s His Deal? How To Let Him Know That You Are Just So Into Him

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Sitting in class. Chewing on a pencil. Checking your phone. Is that a text? Oh my God did he just text me?! No! It’s just an alert that class starts in 5 minutes. Oh he texted me! “Want 2 meet fo lnch afta yo class girl?” Finally, he texted me! What should I say? I don’t want to come on to strong! “Yeah sure. Cya at McGinley ;)” Oh crap- a winky face?! Did I just come on too strong?! Does he even like me?!?!?!

It may not be this exact inner monologue, but everyone has encountered this situation. How do you know if that guy is into you?  Most girls can easily answer this question. Sometimes you can tell in his body language. You may notice that he gets really nervous when you are with a group of common acquaintances.  But can a guy answer this question? I know have disregarded many chances for love, because I was never sure if that girl was really into me.  Many guys, like myself, don’t want to pour our hearts out to the opposite sex, because we are just scared of the possibility that the response will be, “I’m sorry, I am really just not that into you.” Not to mention, can you imagine how awkward the situation would be after being rejected.  Well ladies, here is a couple of tips to let that guy that you find attractive know that you are digging him.  

1. Don’t Ignore Him.
That just discourages any guy. Being cute and flirty with that guy one day and suddenly doing a 360 and acting like you have never met him before in your life.  If I was the guy, I would just think you are fake witch.

2. Let Him Talk.
When you are on a date with the potential Mr. Right, ask him questions about his interests or just about him in general.  This allows him the chance to talk about himself for a little bit.  This makes him feel comfortable, and it sends him the message, “Hey you are more than just a pretty face.”

3. Don’t Flirt with Other Guys.
Everyone is a Facebook stalker.  We are all guilty of checking out our love interest’s page to make sure he or she is still single.  From a guy’s perspective, if I notice that the girl I am currently talking to is flirting with other dudes on their respective friendship pages, I throw down the friendship.  I would rather end it now, before finding out later that you are into that loser on the football team.  Not to mention, it makes you look like a – well I can’t say it on this website – but you know what I mean.

4. Cut Him Some Slack.
The male species is very oblivious. Did I mention we also get distracted very……oh look a butterfly! As I was saying, just keep flirting and being all around nice to this guy, and eventually he will come around to figuring out that you like him more than a friend.  This then leads me to the easiest tip of all…..

5. JUST TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL.
The easiest thing is to make the first move and tell him how you feel.  It shows that you are honest and mature and know exactly what you want and that he is the one for you.  Hopefully for you, he will respond with a “Yes, I’m glad you told me, because I had a crush on you since orientation!”

Check in next time for How to Avoid a Creeper!

Claire Cumberland is a sophomore at Fordham University in the Bronx. A communications major, she doesn’t have a singular idea about what she wants to do with her life, but hopes to dabble in many different things before stumbling upon her dream job. She enjoys reading, writing, walking her dog Scout, going to thrift stores, watching television, painting her nails, getting internships, online shopping, and color coding things. Claire has interned at Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a charity for childhood cancer established in her hometown of Philadelphia, PA. She also interned at Sesame Workshop as a production intern for The Electric Company, a popular show on PBS. Claire is currently involved in Global Outreach at Fordham University and is an anchor for Fordham Nightly News.