This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

If you’re new to Fordham, you will soon find out that every Spring there is a full week and weekend of activities planned by CAB. The weekend consists of a professional comedian, a professional speaker, student comedians, student DJ’s, and a professional performer. The speaker for this year is none other than Ellie Kemper from “The Office” and “Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt.” The performers have been identified as Sean Kingston, Bryce Vine, and Whethan. With performers as great as these, there’s no doubt that you’ll have a great weekend, but here are a few tips to keep you safe and happy!

1. Stay hydrated! If you are planning on drinking this Spring Weekend, remember that alcohol dehydrates you. During the concert, it can get extremely hot and you can become dehydrated quicker than usual. Make sure that you are drinking enough water!
  2. Wear sunblock! The worst thing after a day in the sun is a brutal sunburn. Make sure that you are taking the time to protect your skin from harmful UV rays!
  3. Stay together! No one wants to lose their friends in the crowd, so make sure that you and your friends are using the buddy system. That way, no one will get lost and everyone will be safe!
  4. Make sure you’re eating! Nourishing your body after a long day of fun is the best way to keep yourself going. There will be tons of great (and free!) food at Spring Weekend, so take advantage of it!
  5. Dress comfortably! I know we all want to look cute so that we have great pictures to post on Insta, but it’s not worth it if you’re in pain all day. Wear comfortable shoes and loose-fitting clothes that you can breathe in. 

Please take the time to make sure that you and those around you are safe this Spring Weekend. Don’t forget to prepare yourself to listen to mid-2000’s bops, as well as newer songs by Bryce Vine and Whethan! If you follow these tips and tricks, I’m sure you’ll have memories to last a lifetime. 

Sociology and Philosophy Double Major at Fordham Rose Hill Interested in: Art, Music, Makeup and Current Events