This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name: Nazifa Nasim

School and Year: GSB’ 17

Major/Minor/Concentration: Major in Business Administration, Dual Concentrations in Finance & Marketing

Campus Involvement: Resident Assistant in Campbell, Gabelli School of Business Deans Council, and President of Alpha Sigma Nu, the national Jesuit Honors Society

1. What’s the best part about being an RA? The best part about being an RA is getting to meet new people. This is my third year being an RA, but every year there’s an element of surprise with the new people I meet and new stories I hear. I’m never bored, and it’s definitely given me some of my best experiences during college.

2. What is the biggest myth about being an RA? When I was first applying, I heard that being an RA is an easy job. A lot of the elements of the job are definitely fun, but it is hard to balance time and there are a lot of new situations we have to tackle. It’s a holistic role with many benefits, but it has its own demands as well.

3. What have been some of your favorite internship experiences? The summer before my junior year, I interned with Discovery Communications as an Ad Sales intern. This was my first real exposure to media. During Shark Week, the company decked out the whole building with toy sharks. There was a Shark Week festival, a Shark Week party, themed cupcakes. It was really fun. And this past summer, I interned at HBO as an Affiliate Marketing Intern. I was able to help out at an event for Comic Con, which was also really fun.

4. What are you plans for after graduation? I’d love to work in the media industry. An important thing to me is that I end up somewhere where I feel like the company culture is reflective of who I am. I want the goals of the company, the content it produces, and the message it sends out into the world to be something that I also believe in. Media is so influential, and touches people no matter where they live. I would want to work in an organization that brings news and truth to people, and produces important content. And of course, a side hustle – I would love to own a restaurant or a bakery at some point.

5. What’s your favorite memory at Fordham? One of my favorite memories at Fordham was last year’s Midnight Breakfast. It was my first time ever going. You wouldn’t think that pancakes are that exciting, but at 11 pm after studying, they are like the best thing ever. It was a great experience.

6. If you could pick 3 celebrities to be apart of your entourage, who would they be? Oprah Winfrey for the soul-searching, Beyonce brings the fierce, and Ellen DeGeneres for her humor. All of our personalities would mesh well.

7. What are your favorite TV shows? Scandal, Modern Family, and Ugly Betty

8. What advice do you have for Fordham freshmen? Take advantage of as many opportunities as you can on campus, regarding extracurriculars, internships, or academics. Fordham has so much to offer. I remember getting overwhelmed as a freshman because it seems like there’s 30 million things to do. Focus on the ones that interest you, and the one that you can really grow in, even if it scares you. Sometimes, taking on a different role or taking certain classes may intimidate you. But, from personal experience, I’ve had such a good opportunity to develop more fully since I graduated from high school.

9. What’s your favorite thing about Fordham? The people. I feel like everyone says that, but what else would you say? Residents, friends, students, faculty – everyone in their own way has helped me grow.

Nicole came from Southern California to Fordham University to study psychology and marketing. When she's not in class, she's working at her local Applebee's or interning at a fashion PR firm in Manhattan. Nicole loves all things celebrity gossip, reality television, and most of all, food. In the future, Nicole hopes to be working as an editor of a popular woman's magazine or producer for a television show.