If College Majors Were ‘Friends’ Characters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

For those of you who watch “Friends,” you have come to know and love the characters as if they were your own pals. They each have such great stories and personalities that are totally relatable. But, which of them matches with your major? 

Psychology: Phoebe Buffay 

Phoebe looks at people and at life in a very unique way and it would only make sense that she studies psychology to get a better idea of how people think and maybe get some inspo for songwriting! 

(source)

Political Science: Monica Geller 

Monica doesn’t mess around and while she absolutely follows the rules, she also has a passion for making them. (Don’t mess up her apartment, it won’t end well for you.)

(source)

Theology: Janice

Well….this is pretty self explanatory.

(source)

Computer Science: Chandler Bing

Chandler is everyone’s fave IT guy and knows almost as much about computers as he does sarcasm.

(source)

Communications: Joey Tribbiani

Not only does Joey communicate his ideas very well to his friends, he asks the important questions.

(source)

Business School Majors: Ross Geller 

Have you ever seen someone so ready to network? Look at Ross go. Ross is always ready to talk about his job and is very confident in his skills.

(source)

The Sciences: Richard Burke

I’ve never wanted to see an ophthalmologist so badly until I was introduced to Richard Burke. Science majors endure very difficult coursework and labs but will end up improving peoples’ lives daily! 

(source)

Languages: Gunther

Gunther, like those who study languages, have a wonderful skill that can help them and impress people in daily life. Hopefully you never find yourself being called an ezel though…

Undecided: Rachel Green 

Rachel is a free spirit who had to go through a lot of soul searching to find out exactly what she wanted to do. It never held her back! 

(source)

Lauren is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a degree in Journalism and Political Science. With a career goal of being a broadcast journalist, she is spending time interning at networks such as NBC and FOX. Hobbies include writing for Her Campus and singing in Fordham's all-female a cappella group, the Satin Dolls, as well as drinking too much coffee, listening to far too many boy bands, and watching Buzzfeed Tasty videos one after another.