This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

With the Fall semester in full swing, I don’t have as much time for my classic long luxurious breakfasts as I’d like to. Lately, I’ve had only 5 minutes to make breakfast before having to run out the door. I know with so many students being busy with classes, work, essays and assignments all being in the same boat, I thought I would share my go to quick and easy vegan breakfasts that require almost no time to make and travel well. 

Toast!

Toast is such a simple breakfast that can still taste amazing and is so versatile. A simple avocado on toasted sourdough can go a long way and keeps me full until lunch. All you have to do is throw some bread in the toaster and slap some toppings on it and you’re good to go. Some of my favorite toast combos lately have been:

• Avocado toast with a side of tempeh bacon or fruit
  • Toast with almond butter, bananas and cinnamon
  • Toast with almond butter, dairy free yogurt, apples and honey
Overnight Oats

Throughout my college career, overnight oats have become my absolute best friend. It’s been so easy to throw the ingredients together in a jar, place in the fridge overnight and have a delicious and nourishing breakfast in the morning. My go to overnight oats recipe has been:

• ½ cup of oats
  • 2/3 cup of non-dairy milk or water
  • 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder 
  • 1 tbs chia seeds
  • Dash of cinnamon 
  • Top with almond butter, banana and raspberries in the morning 
Yogurt Bowls

Having a yogurt bowl for breakfast always makes me feel so put together, even though they take not even 5 minutes to put together. I add some of my favorite dairy free yogurt to a bowl or to go Tupperware with some granola, whatever fruit I have on hand and a drizzle of nut butter and I’m good to go. 

Meg Cardi

Fordham '22

Meg is an Anthropology major part of the Social Work program at Fordham who has a passion for all things regarding sustainability, fashion and food!