The Download Down-low: The Best Apps for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

It’s no secret that college students spend a lot of time on their cell phones and tablets. With the right apps, some of that time can go from distraction to production! Here’s a round-up of the best apps for college students-you’re going to want to download these!

Manage Budgets: Mint.com

Tuition is insanely expensive – that’s a no brainer. Naturally, we try to save money as much as possible just to be able to afford college. Mint is an app that can help budget spending. It lets you know when you’ve spent far too much, and keeps you in check because over spending is so easy.

Managing Assignments: iStudiez Pro

If you don’t like to carry a planner or agenda around (or if you do), having a virtual agenda doesn’t hurt. iStudiez Pro allows you to make note of what your assignments are, due dates, meetings, and more. You’ve been writing notes throughout the lecture, why write down your assignments, too? Instead, use your phone and give your wrist a break.

To-do list: Do it (Tomorrow)

We all have days when we want to procrastinate on an assignment, and that’s okay… as long as it doesn’t happen too often. Do It (Tomorrow) is an app that creates a daily to-do list for you to complete and allows you to only hold it back for an extra day, but no more than that. It’s a great app to keep you on your toes!

Note taking: Evernote

The already popular Evernote still is one of the best apps to have on your phone. It helps any student stay organized through all your tech devices by taking notes, voice memos, capturing pictures and more jazz.

Drinks: Starbucks

Now that we have a Starbucks at Rose Hill, it’s becoming more and more difficult to stay away from our morning macchiato. However, we have all heard that too much of something can be bad for you. This app has all the drinks and the nutritional info you need to know when visiting a Starbucks.

Storing: Dropbox

Sometimes, things get a little unorganized when your work is spread throughout different devices. Dropbox makes being disorganized almost impossible. The app syncs things automatically on the website and on multiple devices for you, so it is all in one place.

Buying: Amazon Student

So many college students use Amazon Student to buy books and everything else for a cheaper price and a faster delivery. Most get their books within 2 days of ordering, which makes waiting a breeze. Amazon Student is offering a free six month trial when you sign up with your university email.

Misc: WiFi Finder

It’s always a drag when your WiFi at the dorm is slow. WiFi Finder assists you in finding available hotspots that you can use for much faster Internet. It’s a mighty useful app, indeed.