The Dean’s List: March 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

With midterms almost behind us, and spring break so close we can practically taste it, March is already shaping up to be a great month. While we’re waiting for spring to officially arrive, here’s what’s heating up besides the weather this month.

What to Wear:

The Midi Ring: the midi ring has been popping up in all of our favorite stores. The small rings, meant to be worn above the knuckle, are becoming more and more popular. From thin, plain bands to heart, cross, or skull embellishments, there is a midi ring for every personality and style sense.

What to Watch:

Breaking Dawn Part 2 is finally out on DVD and if you haven’t seen the last installment of the Twilight saga, we highly recommend that you do. The surprise ending had me yelling in the theater, but that’s just me. See it for yourself, the DVD hits stores March 2.

The Call: Halle Berry stars in this new thriller; The Call follows Halle’s efforts to help a young girl who has been kidnapped. As if the plot didn’t already interested, we can’t believe that little Abigail Breslin is all grown up and plays the captive teenager. We have to see this when it opens March 15, will you?

Celebrity News:

Taylor Swift kicks off her RED tour this March! Ms. Swift takes on Omaha, Nebraska on March 13 & 14 and will be touring the U. S. through September. We can’t wait to see what she has in store for this tour…we’re thinking there will be a lot of red, but that’s just a guess… To find out when Taylor will be in a city near you, check out her tour dates! (Hint: she’ll be playing Newark around Easter break!)

March Hottie:

Ben Affleck is taking home the honor of March hottie. His film Argo just won best picture at the 2013 Oscars, and his adorably entertaining acceptance speech melted our hearts. With all the Argo praise, we’re expecting a great year ahead for Ben.

Try it: If you haven’t tried it already, we’re thinking you should test out hair chalk. The newest hair trend to hit the scene, hair chalk is a temporary way to add fun colored highlights to your hair. The chalk is applied to wet hair, and washes out with one shampoo use. This cute, inexpensive trend is fun; mixing colors for an ombré or rainbow look is an easy way to change your hair for the night. You can find hair chalk online, or at stores like Urban Outfitters, ranging from $5 to $60.

Remember! The Saint Patrick’s Day Parade in NYC this year will be held on Saturday, March 16. Come back from spring break a day early and enjoy the festivities! 

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.