Arielle, FCRH ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name: Arielle J.

Single or Taken: Single

Major: Anthropology/ Pre-Med

What she’s looking for in a significant other:  Someone kind, open-minded, and patient. (I mean, who wants a to be with someone mean, narrow-minded, and impatient? That doesn’t sound very appealing.)

Why she picked Fordham: I was planning to go to art school, but at the last minute I changed my mind and decided I wanted a more traditional college education. Fordham was the only “non-art school” that I had applied to. Luckily, everything worked out. I love this place.

Campus Involvement: I’m employed at the STEP/CSTEP office on campus, where I tutor middle-school and high-school kids. I’m also an EMT for FUEMS, and I like to keep up with the Global Outreach.

Hobbies: I love to dance; Middle Eastern dance is my favorite.

Favorite Pick-Up Line: The guy says, “Were you talking to me?” And the girl says, “No…” And he says, “Well, you should start”. Haha. Just kidding… The best pick-up line is a simple straight forward compliment.

What is your guilty pleasure? Something I don’t usually admit is that I love all things reality TV.

What is one thing that you do not understand about the opposite sex? I don’t understand when guys have difficulty color-coordinating their outfits. I just don’t get why it’s so hard for some.

What is your hidden talent?  I’m a pretty good seamstress. I specialize in evening and costume wear.

If you were forced to sing karaoke, what song would you sing? I’d most likely turn red and run away, but if I had to make a fool of myself I would sing “The Creep” by The Lonely Island for kicks.

Do you prefer to make the first move or have him come to you? I’m way too shy to make the first move.

What’s on your Fordham bucket list? Definitely a water gun fight, during warm weather of course.

Who is your celebrity crush? Ryan Gosling. Hands down.

What is the best way a guy can get your attention? Making me some good food. That will never go unnoticed.

What is your flirting technique? I’m generally not much of a flirt but it’s always good to have a smile. No one’s going to talk to you if you’re frowning.

What is your life motto? I like to consider viewpoints from both the pessimist and the optimist. But yet, the glass is neither half full or half empty… because I drank it all.

Sarah is a member of the Class of 2013 at Fordham University, where she's a double-major in American Studies and Communication & Media Studies. A South Florida native, she is still adjusting to the cold and figuring out the basics of a winter wardrobe. A huge sports fan, Sarah watches way too much Sportscenter and compensates by watching copious amounts of E!, Gilmore Girls, and Pretty Little Liars. When she's not watching movies or staring at a television screen, she also enjoys blogging, photography, fashion, reading, and bring Pinterest pins to life. Follow her on Twitter @sari_ramirez.